A beat 'em up/platforming/fighting game hybrid with an electro style. You can smack guys, attach their parts and get their abilities!
|May 13 2013, 6:08pm Anchor|
Honestly, I was a little skeptical when I first stumbled on this game (being a huge fan of the SSB franchise), but after playing it for a number of hours I can definitely say that this game delivers. The art direction is great, the co-op adventure mode is really fun, and the customization concept is awesome. When playing tournament mode, I did think of a couple of minor tweaks that would really improve the fluidity and options you have in combat:
- It would be great if you could turn around and shoot a projectile in the air (i.e. jump and hit the special button and then hit back a split second later to turn around and fire). I think that would make projectiles a lot more useful against humans opponents or the AI because projectiles would no longer restrict your direction of motion and would be a lot more unpredictable.
- Having more choices out-of-shield would make it a lot more useful. The ability to jump/dash out of your shield would really improve your options. I haven't really played against any human players, but I can imagine that currently shield pressure would be pretty hard to deal with.
- I think I saw this mentioned elsewhere, but reduced aerial landing lag would make the combat a lot smoother.
- Also, being able to fall faster (by hitting down in the air) would improve your aerial mobility.
- Not a necessity, but throws would be cool to counter excessive shielding.
As far as weapon specific things:
- (Also mentioned somewhere else) the drill is a little overpowered. Definitely, needs some more start up or cool down lag.
- Spin kick would be a lot more useful if you kick in whatever direction you are holding after the spin animation.
That's about all I can think of right now, but I'm sure I'll come up with some more ideas. Keep up the good work!!!
Edited by: Aniki18
|May 14 2013, 6:17am Anchor|
Thanks for your feedback and suggestions Aniki! I'm glad we are able to satisfy huge SSB fans as well!
Some of your tweaks/suggestions are already on our to do list so that's cool!
|May 14 2013, 9:52am Anchor|
Drill spam is fast but i found countering that very easy... so im not sure about overpowered. Of course if you're not blocking and countering fast enough then it will be overpowered. But yeah im having no trouble with it. Since you can even block it mid-air, the enemies who spam it are easy to beat.
As for the spinkick, i think its good enough? to punish an incorrectly executed spin kick? if you can change direction then it would be harder to punish in my opinion.
One thing i want to report though, i have no idea if its a bug or not. Attack speed plus gives +1 attack damage and buffs attack speed as well. Making damage+ parts useless. Im glad about it though, but its probably a bug. If not then im really happy about it
@Having more choices out-of-shield would make it a lot more useful. The ability to jump/dash out of your shield would really improve your options. I haven't really played against any human players, but I can imagine that currently shield pressure would be pretty hard to deal with.
Have you tried using shield then countering right after? im not an expert in SSB games so i dont know exactly how it works there, but i play action fighting games alot. I also dont know if i fully understood your suggestion. Assuming i did, you dont really need more options out of the shield. Because you just block, counter with normal melee and then move.. right? x_x to deal with shield pressure.
@ It would be great if you could turn around and shoot a projectile in the air (i.e. jump and hit the special button and then hit back a split second later to turn around and fire). I think that would make projectiles a lot more useful against humans opponents or the AI because projectiles would no longer restrict your direction of motion and would be a lot more unpredictable.
Thing about that is it would make spamming it too easy, restricting the direction means you can be punished for shooting in the wrong direction. If you're able to change direction, it will just make it really harder to stop spammers. Well thats my opinion about it.
|May 14 2013, 4:15pm Anchor|
Thanks for your responses guys. Just to add/respond to a few things,
- While drill spam can be countered and is by no means unbeatable, it would be good to try and discourage spamming by slowing the rate down. I think for newer players it will be too tempting to just spam drill all over the place because it comes out really quick, has huge priority, and has virtually no cool down. The damage and knockback are totally fine, but I see it being a more situational move than its current properties promote.
- The spinkick thing would be cool just for mindgame purposes. For example, you could jump over an opponent and initiate the spinkick midair and hit them in the reverse direction (maybe that hitbox could be a little weaker?). Right now, spinkick is really easy to avoid unless you run straight into it. You could still punish it just as hard, but you'd just have to be more cautious because it would be more of a threat.
- Countering out of shield is good, but the jab combo doesn't really link into any other moves. If you could jump out of shield, you could do an aerial out of shield and do things like shield -> down aerial -> up tilt -> up air. Also, if your opponents spaces their moves right, there is no way to hit them with jab out of shield, but jumping out with a aerial will give you a lot more range. Basically, you could punish someone a lot harder for incorrectly spacing moves on your shield.
- For the projectiles, I was really only thinking about the blaster. Right now, you can angle it down in the air which really helps get an opening on grounded opponents. If you could turn around and shoot (only in the air), you could control space more effectively. I guess some people might try to spam this way, but the ranged attacks aren't particularly fast and could easily be shielded if they are used too predictably. (Alternatively, being able to turn around when you double jump would yield a similar effect).
- One more thing I thought of is that fly has a really, really long range. You can get knocked virtually anywhere off the stage and still recover. I don't think that it's overpowered necessarily, but it sort of makes falling off the stage and edgeguarding irrelevant. Also, I think the other recovery moves (like rocket, teleport, etc.) might be overshadowed in use because they are weaker in a recovery sense, when they can really be used in a lot of creative ways.
For me at least, having multiple options in any given situation is what makes a fighting game really cool. I'll try to think of some more stuff soon .
Edited by: Aniki18
|May 14 2013, 6:28pm Anchor|
Yeah well its fine, for me i dont even use drill. Im just afraid it might become underpowered. I want people to have fun drilling
As for the spinkick again thats why it would be much more dangerous, spinkick attack is no weak attack need to use it carefully. I think of it like the megabyte punch except thats worse in terms of delays. I really dont mind the change though, its a good idea but if it breaks the game ;-;... its fine right now D: but oh well. Up to the devs i guess.
Now i get what you mean by more options out of shield, but i dont think its needed at all. Having it would be cool :p Maybe ^_^
I see you're talking about blaster, but you know the sniper.. or even the uuh machine gun or whatever its called. Being to able to change direction with that, will hurt alot. As for blaster, i guess thats fine. Im more concered about other projectiles x_x and the giganto missile :p
Now for the teleport, launch, fly... um fly is meant for recovering. Teleport can be used more for attacking, as well as the launch. Or combine all of them to be the recovery master. I think flying is fine as well. Anyways this is just my opinion, dont get bothered by it or anything. Im not intentionally trying to be negative here.
Offtopic : Zylin legs look awesome man.
Edited by: sliferx94
|May 15 2013, 5:10am Anchor|
@Slifer: Thanks for pointing out the attack speed! It shouldn't give +1 damage, sorry about that! Have fun with it while it lasts
@Aniki: The swoop/fly ability is a tiny bit too long in our opinion, it will be nerfed a tiny bit.
In general: Nice discussion guys! We will tweak around with the stuff you are talking about.
|May 15 2013, 11:25am Anchor|
Yeah, i will have fun with it before it gets fixed! Best stat boost ever
Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.