Lost Empire of the Ancient is a mix of RPG and Jump 'n' Run with influence by all games I like. There will be a lot different modes you can play. So far four main modes are planned, an adventure, a big open world, a rougelike mode and a quick mode for selfmade maps.
You will be able to manipulate, destroy and build many thing.
Last week I decided to no longer use the 001 Engine for my game. Why? The 001 Engine is really really good sadly it is also slow and still too limited for my goals.
So I decided to use Java and the LWJGL instead and I have to tell you I make huge progress.
So far I implemented:
- a selfmade XML map file
- variable size texture packs with help of XML
- map rendering
- simple movements and velocity things (for like getting pushed back etc)
What the main reasons are why I use now Java:
- modable game (at least texture packs and maps)
- ingame editor
- better performance
- internet/lan multiplay
- more and easier possibilities
- a better random generator for maps
- multiplatforming for windows linux and maybe even mac
The next things I will do are:
- a good entity model for enemies, friends and the player
- a simple HUD
and that all for a little alpha demo for you ^-^
(and yeah the goddamn water engine can now be made way better! YEAH!)
So I also have a little appeal to all of you who care:
Tell me your suggestions!!!