Set in the immediate aftermath of the zombie apocalypse, Left 4 Dead's survival co-op mode lets up to four players blast a path through the swarming zombie hordes and terrifying mutant monsters. Guide your survivors across the rooftops of an abandoned metropolis, through rural ghost towns and pitch-black forests in your quest to escape a devastated Ground Zero crawling with infected enemies.
A script for L4D that should cover everything you'd want, plus some shiny extras. It's very easy to install, and has all the main features you'll want. Enjoy :)
- Automatic Fire for the auto-shotty and pistols (click once and hold)
- Automatic Reload for the shotguns
- A toggle switch between auto-fire/reload for shotgun, and turning it off for other main weapons (Toggle on when you pick up the shotgun, toggle off when picking up the other main weapons. Only have to hit once until you pick up a new main weapon)
- Mousewheel forward > Primary Weapon
- Mousewheel backward > Pistols
- Or 1,2,3,4,5 as usual for all weapons/items
- Fixes so auto-fire doesn't wreck items
- Custom q next weapon toggle so the built in next weapon toggle doesn't break weapons
- Custom crosshair settings
- Crosshair colour changes for weapon types:
Shotty - Orange, Pistols - Blue, Uzi, Machine gun, Sniper - Green
- Close Caption Toggle (Text updates of any sounds you here. Useful because it tells you when hunters/tanks/etc. are approaching)
- Net Graph Toggle (Flip your net_graph 1 on and off to see ping/fps)
- Download zip and extract autoexec.cfg
- Put in this folder:
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead\left4dead\cfg
- Edit the binds section of this file to match your keys
- This config assumes you're a shotgun user mainly, so by default Auto-Fire/Reload are on for your primary weapon. To change, change bind "MWHEELUP" from "shotty" to "notshotty"
- Edit the crosshair section to your liking. Feel free to change the colours
- Everything will work as is
- Scroll forward for your main weapon
- Scroll back for pistols
- Or hit 1-5 as usual, or use q to switch back and forth between weapons
- The config assumes you're going to use shotgun by default
- If not, tap "j" once, and the config will adjust itself for all the other main weapons. If you go back to shotgun, just tap it once, and the config will switch back. You only have to hit this one (when you pick up the weapon) and all your weapon switches/Auto-Reload/Fire will work properly. If you've hit "j" at the right time, the crosshair should be orange when you're on the shotgun, green for anything of the other primary weapons, and blue when you're using pistols. If the orange/green don't match the gun, hit "j" again.
- Tap k to toggle your Net Graph on and off. The crosshair will flash 3 colours to let you know you hit it
- Tap l to toggle close captioning on and off. That crosshair will falsh 3 colours to let you know you hit it
- That's it! Enjoy!
- For the most part the scripts should always work, short of a huge game altering patch
- Sometimes when the game switches you to pistols automatically (you are on the ground, run out of ammo, use item, etc), your autofire won't work/reload may be on. Basically just always hit your weapon switch key no matter (to switch to that weapon, or because the game made you) and you'll be good
Post any bugs you've found here.