KOG is a purely arcade, immediately enjoyable and terribly frantic game - you start it and, one second later, you play it. The mechanics require good...
KOG is a purely arcade, immediately enjoyable and terribly frantic game - you start it and, one second later, you play it. The mechanics require good eye perception and quick reflexes, and become familiar quickly. The basic idea is to catch objects moving at different speeds with a trap. However, despite the conceptual simplicity, there are plenty of intriguing and not-so-evident aspects that spice up and give depth to the gameplay.
The game has been designed to be fully themeable and the low resolution has been chosen especially to favor beautiful, carefully-crafted hand-pixelled graphics.
For detailed information, please refer to the website.
KOG just underwent a massive update that makes it more vertiginous than ever.
* Rewritten shooting policy:
* made it 100% fair;
* made it indipendent from the actual trap speed, to make the speed-up extra a pure bonus without negative side effects;
* changed delay logic to make keep the rhythm up.
* Modified extras:
* added guide;
* made decelerator more powerful (now the objects speed is reduced by 2/3 instead of 1/2);
* removed rule that objects can be rescued only once (now objects can be made rescuable again after they have been kicked back);
* rearranged order and thresholds.
* Set extras meter penalty to 1/2 (instead of 1/3) - this, together with the new extras thresholds, produces lots of gain/misses, making the game pace more frantic, full of ups & downs.
* Robotized speech samples.
* Added display of positive balance of extras meter after the last extra has been obtained.
* Centered graphics in full screen.
* Reworked video modes menu hints.
* Fixed some bugs.
* Added high resolution graphics to Windows icon.
* Optimized rotation routines.
* Built against the latest private and public libraries.
* Made various other changes.