by x246h00--r5 on May 10th, 2012
So, whats i'm maked?
Lots of things, guys! But it's still really early stage of development. The first thing we wanted to do is a level exploration with more emphasis on puzzles-solving.
It would be great to hear what you people think could make it a better this game, feel free to post below!
Here is the short list of things which was realized:
- keys, doors and chests
- first npc! (Dungeon City Guardian)
- first enemy!! (Raider)
- dialog system
- sword and zelda-style weapons - boomerang and whip
- inventory system with table like in diablo 1-2
- self-moving platforms
- moving box
- coins and score system
We are using Tiled Map Editor to make all maps. And special tool for map export from TME to Game Maker format (check this video).
There are 7 basic layers, which consist of:
Solid maps, Underground, Ground, Details Bottom, Objects, and Details Top.
- Solid maps holds the information for your playable char, enemy and npc. As these can walk over some objects they need to be on a separate layer.
- Underground is used for graphix under the ground like
- Ground is used for floor graphix, and anything which is slow to walk through, etc.
- Details Bottom is used for walls, furniture, and anything that can be walked over on the floor
- Bottom Shadows is used for any shadows graphix and normally darkens any floor tile in various shapes
- Objects is used for all gameplay objects including game characters
- Details Top is for any overlapping objects or graphix such as the tops of walls, collumns or some shadows overlapping the bottom part of an object or graphix.
And breaking news, guys! The official "Journey to Hammerdale" page is launched: