A top-down tactical strategy game using a WE-GO system, and incorporating some of the best features of other games of this type - base building and management, research and development, configurable inventory loadouts, character training and levelling, fully destructible terrain, burnination, and unfortunate rocket launcher accidents.
The idea is to get an friends-and-family beta together first, then strip that down to a minimal public-facing demo.
As a brief summary of what's needed before that can happen:-
- a little bit more PC customisation (particularly a better interface for setting custom names)
- more terrain pieces for the random map generator
- more research lines, partly to add a bit more variety, partly to push some of the more powerful stuff down the tree
- (hidden fun stuff) to end the first chapter
- encryption of assets
- an actual installer
My like-to-haves for the demo:-
- some documentation of the tileset config files
- working UI config files
- a tidyup of the skirmish editor, perhaps add a defence mode with scoring for fun
- reformat my existing tutorials into something less slipshod
Not a huge amount compared to the work so far, so let's see how it goes.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available.Join now to share your own content, and encourage our community to get involved and engaged.