The latest Version of GMod has been released, here are some of the changes:
- Switched to new EP2 Engine
- Added support for TF2, EP2 and Portal
- Updated Spawnmenu
- New 'Start Game' menus
- Lamps now cast shadows (if supported by hardware)
- Lamps texture can now be changed
- Updated gm_construct
- New loading screen
- New player models (thanks to Nickolas George)
- Added map icons (thanks to PaddyMazz, Honkers, SirMikesAlot, Jake Tott and Dash)
- Added new NPC options
At the moment there seems to be two major issues that are causing people heartache. (Update a patch has been released which hopefully fixes this)
Multiplayer: The problem being that it doesn't work. Dedicated servers don't work either. I'm 90% sure that this is something Valve has to tamper with, but I'll be looking into it more today.
Addons: If it's crapping out because of old addons you have installed, it's time to clean gmod. I'm not going to release a patch that magically fixes broken addons.