Garry’s Mod is a sandbox mod for the Source Engine. Unlike normal games there aren't any predefined aims or goals. Players are given tools and are left to entertain themselves. The player is in a world where objects can be created and destroyed on demand. Where people can be created and destroyed with the click of a mouse. A world made for him. A world he made.
A lot of bugs have been encountered in the latest Garrysmod Patch, Garry and the Team are getting as much fixed as possible.
Posted by Lucífer on Jan 20th, 2008
- Added Jalopy for EP2 owners
- Fixed crash due to missing surfaceproperties
- Fixed particle crash
- Fixed some Lua threading issues
- Fixed crash with Antlion Guard charge
- Fixed rare crash when using voice chat
- Fixed GameTitle crash
- Fixed missing HL2 maps
- Tweaked network convar defaults
- Fixed being able to spawn non existing props (which showed as error.mdl)
- Beefed up thruster power slightly
- Fixed model ropes hanging from the bottom of the model
- Fixed white water under DX7
- Fixed some Lua backwards compatibility issues
- Changed ground friction to be more in line with the previous version
If you're having issues, first try updating your video card drivers. If you have an NVIDIA card (geforce) they have an awesome tool that will scan and automatically download the right drivers, you can try that out by clicking here. If you have a ATI/Radeon you can download new drivers here. I know you're thinking that it probably isn't the drivers, but people have been sending me crashlogs and it turns out that their drivers are from 2004. So please check.
If it isn't the drivers it could be mods or addons you have installed. Solve this by Cleaning GMod which will revert your copy of GMod to a nice fast, fresh version, like it's just been installed!