An hastily created patch has been released so you can play the game again.
- Fixed crash on startup
- Fixed broken particles
- Removed server crashing console commands
- Fixed 'Touch' Lua errors on some custom SENTs
- Spectated entities are now automatically added to PVS
- Added pl_goldrush to map menu
- Gamemodes can now organise their maps on the map screen
- Added example gamemode 'melonracer'
- ents.FindInBox now shared
- ents.FindInSphere now shared
- Added ents.FindInCone( vPos, vDir, fLength, fConeDegrees )
- Added access debug overlay library (Only displays when developer!=0)
- debugoverlay.Line( pos1, pos2, duration=1, color=white, skipdepth=false )
- debugoverlay.Box( origin, mins, maxs, duration=1, color=white )
- debugoverlay.Cross( origin, size, duration=1, color=white, skipdepth=false )
- debugoverlay.Text( origin, text, duration=1 )
- debugoverlay.Sphere( origin, size, duration=1, color=white, skipdepth=false )
- Added PrintMessage( msgtype, text )
- Added better built in framework for team based gamemodes
- Fixed ply:KillSilent() not working as intended
- GM:PlayerAuthed should now be reliable
- Added Player:GetPData( , ) (persistant data)
- Added Player:SetPData( , )
Crashing On Startup
The latest wave of TF2/Portal updates from Valve seem to have broken GMod. I'm looking into this and will hopefully have it fixed before the end of today.
Update: The problem has been found and a patch is being built.
Update: The patch has been built and sent to Valve.