Evolution RTS version 2.3 has been released. So many changes have taken place that it is difficult to create a coherent list, but I’ll touch on the highlights. Many of the changes aren’t specific to the game itself.
As an example, the game guide has moved to a proper wiki, Wiki.evolutionrts.info (Rtfm.evolutionrts.info ), moreover, the entire game has been documented. More or less. There are a few small things that need to be added, but for the most part you can learn more than you ever wanted to know about Evolution RTS by simply reading up on the documentation.
Other huge news is that NotaLobby 2.1 is now the default lobby client. It is incredible. It is beautiful, and it is easy as hell to use. I could not be more excited about it!
Map updates galore, plus, several new maps, most notably, Craggy Creek and Proving Grounds.
Important game changes are as follows:
- Unit movement completely reworked to make unit pathing the best it has ever been.
- Hover factory has been split in half to allow for easier pathing of units in and around it.
- Addition of new transport gadgets that cause the target unit to be transported to stop once the transport gets within range. This means that transport aircraft will no longer stupidly follow the unit, waiting for it to stop so that they can be lifted. Once the transport gets close, the target unit is issued an all stop order.
- FPS mode has been completely disabled. Basically because it’s a gimmick, doesn’t work very well, and there is quite realistically no reason to ever use it.
- Factory hitspheres have been drastically altered. Particularly, the aircraft factory. The aircraft plant now uses per piece collision volumes. The upshot is that you can’t use it as a chump blocker anymore (Google Frog, I’m looking at you :-)).
That’s pretty much the skinny of it! I cannot stress how important of a release this is. The amount of work that has been done behind the scenes is staggering and I am incredibly proud of the result!
The NotaLobby update has been released to Desura, and once it is approved, everyone will get it. If you have not tried out Evolution RTS before, please, give it a try! The wiki will be updated soon with NotaLobby specific information soon.
It’s worth noting that the chat channel for Evolution RTS is simple “Evolution” (add it to your chat channels in “community”).Thanks everyone for your support! Enjoy!!!