You control your destiny in true free-form gameplay with a variety of activities and objectives to complete. Customize the look, functionality, and performance of your ship with the component-based shipyard; explore a seamless universe without required jump gates or trade lanes to limit your movement; master devastating new weapons and technology; join forces with other players in multiplayer to complete more challenging cooperative objectives that offer much better pay; and much, much more.
Mod improvements and options are the focus in the latest update for Evochron Legends.
Posted by SFSW on Sep 10th, 2009
Version 1.128 is ready for download. This update adds the following:
- New in-cockpit mouse view control mode (default F10 key).
- Universe data file system updated to better manage custom folder installations.
- Object and weapon impact shake effect improved for more realism and consistency independent of framerate.
- Custom cockpit system updated to manage frame specific cockpits in-game when entering/exiting the shipyard.
- Custom universe object system updated to prevent details from showing in sector 0,0,0 incorrectly.
- Improved nebulae range and activation system to better accommodate distant sector locations.
- Scenery object definition layer scaling after sector-to-sector jumps updated for accuracy.
- Improved message delivery for private messages sent while host player is exploding.
- Detonation range of proximity mines reduced to 1000, increasing potential damage.
- Potential lag occuring briefly when a player exits the game in multiplayer fixed.
- F11 and F12 added to key mapping description list and configuration menu.
- Fuel costs for higher earned skill ratings reduced and capped.
- Fuel generators now provide 20% more per cycle.
- Several minor bug fixes.
Due to the added key and button input functions for the mouse view control mode, the keyboard configuration file needs to be updated. If you update to this build from version 1.058 or newer, the game will take care of the updating process for you automatically. If you update to this build from version 1.048 or older, you will need to delete the keymap8.sw file from the game's save data folder (default \sw3dg\EvochronLegends) before launching the game. The game will then rebuild the file and you'll need to remap any custom keyboard and/or button controls in the 'Configure Controls' menu.
This update has focused on a lot of 'under the hood' improvements. Several players have been working on mods for the game and ran into some limitations with certain customizing options. This build helps resolve those limits, includes some minor fixes, and adds some new functionality.
The updated server program can be downloaded from the downloads section on the game's website here: Starwraith3dgames.home.att.net