This game is a new type of RTS in the near future where the best weapon is your voice...
Overall a good rts game specially suited for those who prefer tactical strategy and not base building and research.
- Upgradable army with some upgrades visible on the units and with a noticeable change in stats, specially with the offensive upgrades
- The way the campaign is made is interesting with the air and land support systems providing additional depth to the game
- Visually it has some nice detail
- Vehicles usually use roads to reach their destination faster so reasonable pathfind system for them is present
- The tactical map allows control over units and analysis of some of the important areas of the battlefield that the minimap can't reveal in detail
- Voice commands are intuitive and easy to use but personally i would still not trade it for a more traditional unit control system
- Gameplay options while playing with certain units are significantly large, especially after the upgrades are purchased
- Infantry units don't actually know how to move away from rocks and other small obstacles, colliding with them until they go around it by constantly colliding and moving slightly sideways as they do. Obviously infantry was designed to travel inside transports for any distance greater than a few meters of terrain
- The scale of the combats are rather small independently of where you are fighting and what your objectives are. I know the player leads a task force but afterall it is a war. The land reinforcements available on some situations compensate this slightly with those npc squads attacking each other as the player goes for the major objectives but they are still fighting small skirmishes
- The scale of maps is relatively small considering you are supposed to deploy things like long range artillery although they are still big enough for the player to have to spend sometime searching for that specific enemy squad that decides to cower somewhere without good visibility
- AI decided battles on the battles you didn't fight yourself can ruin your plans as they make you have to fight on two fronts at the same time (this happens mostly with USA but also with Europe, Russia can fight one front battles more easily)
- The visual aspect of the game is good but it weighs more than it should, especially considering the low amount of units you may have on a single map simultaneously
- The world map is actually really small with few territories for those that wish for large campaigns (without repeating battles over and over of course)
- Several territories use the same maps which considering the reduced amount of territories is pretty much insulting to players who have to fight on the same map several times despite being conquering or defending different territories on the world map
really an nice game,by meself i love more the total war kind of strategy in custom battles.And exept the total war games themself this game is the best strategy game.
For a military themed RTS, TC:EW is fantastic. The graphics and detail are great and combat is very fast paced. The only real drawback is the lack of mod support because TC:EW would have been a classic if modders would have been able to create different type of infantry units and new vehicles to the game. For what it is, it is a great game that can be very addictive due to the combat.
Очень хорошая стратегия.Жаль,что в своё время не получила особого распространения.В частности из-за вышедшей раннее World in Conflict,которая ни разу не похожа на EndWar.Слишком уж разные это игры.
Great design,awesome VOs,interesting gameplay,scenario in which EU and USA doesn't destroy Russia at the end but are rather at war...What more you can ask from a RTS...Awesome game,I really hope how it will get at least decent real sequel or how Endwar universe will live on in some tactical FPS game,I would personally really love to get hands on all those marvelous fictional handheld weapons,vehicles and aircraft.
I love this game, because RTS are may favourite game
a good game but it's not C&C !!!
This game really makes you feel like you're in WW3. I mean, the kind of graphics and movement is so real. And the fact that you can voice command is just out standing.
total = 1
No reviews were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the review list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.