Duke Theft Auto is based upon the classic DMA/Rockstar game, "Grand Theft Auto" Run, Shoot, Kill, Car Jack your way through many cities on your way of becoming the number one criminal! Instead of being limited to a top down view as you were in the classic game you will now be able to run and drive through the cities in a first person perspective as well as a third person.
To celebrate one year in production I am proud to release to you guys the beta version of Duke Theft Auto that was only given to a handful of selected people when it came out about 5 months ago. Now is your chance to try Duke Theft Auto for yourself.
Posted by The_Commander on Jun 16th, 2009
To celebrate one year in production I am proud to release to you guys the beta version 0.80 of Duke Theft Auto that was only given to a handful of selected people when it came out about 5 months ago. Now is your chance to try Duke Theft Auto for yourself.
This beta is completely standalone and does not require Duke Nukem to play it.
Things that should be noted are:
* There is only one map that can be played on correctly.
* There is only two missions in that map which can bug out sometimes.
* Police cars tend to drive fast and clip through other cars.
* Driving physics are next to none. :(
You need OpenAL installed also or else you will have no music and missing sound effects, if you are unsure what OpenAL is or if you don't know if you have it installed follow this link.
People who are using Intel video cards will most likely be unable to play this as Eduke32 black lists Intel cards due to poor OpenGL support. There is not much that I can do about this I am afraid. (Buy a Nvidia or ATI card)
Multiplayer mode is very buggy and will most likely chrash or go out of sync.
Thank you for downloading Duke Theft Auto. This ReadMe file contains last minute information and troubleshooting tips.
1) SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
3) FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Supported Operating Systems are:
Minimum Hardware Requirements:
2.0GHz Intel Pentium III or AMD Athlon Processor
256 MB of RAM
200 MB of free Hard Disk space for a minimal install
64 MB Video Card with DirectX 9 compatible drivers
("GeForce4 MX" or better)
DirectX 9 compatible Stereo Sound Card
Recommended Hardware Requirements:
Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon XP processor (or better)
1GB(+) of RAM
200 MB of free Hard Disk space for a full install
256(+) MB Video Card with DirectX 9 compatible drivers
("Radeon 9600 Pro" or better)
DirectX 9 compatible Surround Sound Card
You must have Administrator privileges to install and play Duke Theft Auto. If you are unsure about how to achieve this, please consult your Windows system manual.
- Launch the DUKE THEFT AUTO.EXE program.
- Select the INSTALL option to run the installer.
- Agree to the License Agreement.
- Choose the install location:-
by default we use "C:\Program Files\Commander Productions\Duke Theft Auto"
- Once Installation has finished, you will be returned to the Launch Menu.
- If you do not have OpenAL installed on your PC, then we suggest
going to Connect.creativelabs.com and downloading OpenAL from there
Q: Why does everything look black when I launch Duke Theft Auto and I only see a few textures?
A: Duke Theft Auto needs to be run in 32bit Polymost mode. It will not run in 8bit/software mode.
Q: Why am I missing sound effects or don't hear any music when I am in cars?
A: You don't have OpenAL installed which is required to play certain sound files correctly.
It can be downloaded at - Connect.creativelabs.com
Q: This total conversion sucks.
A: I am a happy clown.
Q: Can I donate you some of my money for what ever reason?
A: Sure if you wish, pay pal it to "email@example.com"
We recommend using the latest drivers available.
Video hardware providers/manufacturers
* The Commander - Leader, Code, Art, Sound, Models, Mapping
* Dr. Kylstien - Code (Cars sloping correctly)
* The Eastrums - Music
* The Stinger - Art
* TX - For Eduke32, wouldn't have got this far with out it.
* Black Rayne Studios - For models.
* DeeperThought - For helpful comments.
* GFX 3D - For models.
* Geoffrey - For the great Duke Star logo.
* GOD TC - For the pistol art.
* Nukey - For his online mapping tutorial.
* William Gee - For the Duke games online when I needed time to get away from my mod.
* XTHX2 - For some code I no longer use now.
* The High Resolution Pack Team
* GTA Gaming
* Rockstar Games
* Rockstar North
* All the people I poked fun at in the mod. :)
Donations via PayPal to: