You are a God! You are master and ruler of a loyal nation. You have unimaginable powers at your disposal. You have claimed this world as yours. But there are others who stand in your way. You must defeat and destroy these pretenders. Only then can you ascend to godhood and become the new Pantokrator. When you start the game you decide what kind of god you are and how your DOMINION affects your lands and followers. It is an expression of your divine might and the faith of your followers. If your dominion dies, so do you. Your dominion also inspires your sacred warriors and gives them powers derived from your dominion. In order to win and become the one true god you have to defeat your enemies one of three different ways: conquer their lands, extinguish their dominion or claim the Thrones of Ascension. Release version and manual is available now. Manual can be downloaded from Illwinter's web page.

Forum Thread
List of dominions 4 nations by Era (Games : Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension : Forum : The Halfway Inn - General Discussion : List of dominions 4 nations by Era) Locked
Thread Options
Jul 28 2013 Anchor

From one of the preview videos, I have paused on the nation selection screen and here's the complete list for Middle Era :

Arcoscephale, The Old Kingdom
Ermor, Ashen Empire
Sceleria, The Reformed Empire
Pythium, Emerald Empire
Man, Tower of Avalon
Eriu, Last of the Tuatha
Ulm, Forges of Ulm,
Marignon, Firery Justice
Mictlan, Reign of the Lawgiver
Tien Ch'i, Imperial Bureaucracy
Machaka, Reign of Sorcerers
Agartha, Golem Cult
Abyssia, Blood and Fire
Caelum, Reign of the Seraphim
C'tis, Miasma
Pangaea, Age of Bronze
Asphodel, Carrion Woods
Vanheim, Arrival of Man
Jontunheim, Iron Woods
Vanarus, Land of the Chuds
Bandar Log, Land of the Apes
Shinuyama, Land of the Bakemono
Ashdod, Reign of the Anakim
Atlantis, Kings of the Deep
R'lyeh, Fallen Star
Palagia, Triton Kings
Oceania, Myrmidons

As Far as I know :
- Ermor, Ashen Empire moved in middle Era to better match the nation history, with "Lemuria, Soul Gates" replacing it in Late era (probably playing like Ermor did with the Soul Gates ritual active)
- Sceleria is another Ermor splinter nation, probably a rethinked "Ermor, Broken Empire"
- "Asphodel, Carrion Woods" is probably a splinter nation of Pangea playing like Pangea did in previous version the the "Carrion Woods" ritual active
- Vanarus, Land of the Chuds (?) is a middle era version of Van, not must is known about it yet
- According to the nation description, Palagia is a nation of tritons and mermen, it's probably an equivalent of Man under the seas, compared to Oceania as a mirror of Pangea

If someone see a preview from another era, please feel free to post the complete list of the era nations in this thread. ^_^

Jul 28 2013 Anchor

Berytos, Phoenix Empire; Machaka, Lion Kings; Pelagia, Pearl Kings; and Urd, the First City; are new in the EA.

Lemuria is new in the LA, and it supposedly corresponds to Spirit Gate Ermor of Dominions 2 which focuses on different types of spirits and ghosts instead of the longdead of classical Ashen Empire Ermor.

There isn't any great and meaningful in-game detail to be had about the nations yet, but Berytos is allegedly inspired by Phoenecians and has a lot of sailing, Pelagia was split from Oceania and also exists in MA as Triton Kings, and that Urd is based on early Sumerian history and myth and inhabited by Enkidians who are a race of giants.

Jul 28 2013 Anchor

I'll post a picture album in a bit

Jul 28 2013 Anchor

I think a lot of people will appreciate that.

Jul 28 2013 Anchor

It would be cool to have a pic of the rosters :)

Jul 28 2013 Anchor

Reddit.com

Some new factions do not have descriptions, I've skipped those.

Jul 28 2013 Anchor

Pelagia can convert water gems into pearls, cool way to give it a boost without gem generators... and Berytos seems to be very interesting. It is probably going to be the first new nation I learn.

Jul 29 2013 Anchor

pewpewchewchew wrote: Reddit.com

Your link is broken.

Jul 29 2013 Anchor

Admiral_Aorta wrote:

pewpewchewchew wrote: Reddit.com

Your link is broken.

Its not, you need to click on the title next to the small picture and this will load the larger version of the picture which is a conglomeration of the rosters and the new nation descriptions.

Jul 29 2013 Anchor

Ah, i didn't notice that picture was clickable.

Jul 29 2013 Anchor

Seems that EA will be Elephant galore with the new armies of Berytos and Machaka relying on them too.

Jul 29 2013 Anchor

Machaka has elephants yes, but it's not exactly the first thing I'd pick with them. Rely would not be my word of choice for their use for either nation.

Jul 29 2013 Anchor

Unreliable but cool as hell

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.