You are a God! You are master and ruler of a loyal nation. You have unimaginable powers at your disposal. You have claimed this world as yours. But there are others who stand in your way. You must defeat and destroy these pretenders. Only then can you ascend to godhood and become the new Pantokrator. When you start the game you decide what kind of god you are and how your DOMINION affects your lands and followers. It is an expression of your divine might and the faith of your followers. If your dominion dies, so do you. Your dominion also inspires your sacred warriors and gives them powers derived from your dominion. In order to win and become the one true god you have to defeat your enemies one of three different ways: conquer their lands, extinguish their dominion or claim the Thrones of Ascension. Release version and manual is available now. Manual can be downloaded from Illwinter's web page.

Forum Thread
Dominions 4.03 Sprite Dump (Games : Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension : Forum : Palace of Dreams - Modding : Dominions 4.03 Sprite Dump) Locked
Thread Options
Nov 16 2013 Anchor

Here is a dump of all the sprites extracted from TRS files in Dominions 4.03:

Dominions 4.03 Sprites

The build*.png and misc_*.png files do not substitute pure black with an alpha transparency because that ruins some of the sprites. Everything else uses the substitution though.

Edited by: _noblesse_oblige_

Dec 3 2013 Anchor

I know this is an old topic but I just wanted to thank you. This is the kind of thing that if it were stickied would really help new modders. =)

Dec 4 2013 Anchor

You're welcome - glad that someone finds it useful.

Looks like Edi has now made a stickied post with a link to the sprite dump and some other resources, such as his excellent Dom4 DB.

Pymous
Pymous Mad Scientist
Dec 6 2013 Anchor

I would like to thank you too
Very usefull! :D

--

My dominons 4 maps:
- Atha Avin (81+10) (Wraparound)
- Biddyn (84+9) (Wraparound)
- Peliwyr (127+18) (Wraparound)

Dec 6 2013 Anchor

You're welcome, Pymous. Thanks for the great maps! I'm looking forward to your new project.

Dec 13 2013 Anchor

I have taken the monsters and items from this sprite dump and created indexed versions of them. Each sprite has been renamed to be the unit id for monsters and item id for items. For monsters the value 1 is appended for normal stance and 2 for attack stance (0001_1.tga for unit id 1, normal stance). This matches a version of the sprite dump done for Dom 3. It is possible that there are some incorrect sprites in here (and I know there are still some missing ones) so let me know if you find any.

Indexed monster sprites (4.03)

Indexed item sprites (4.03)

Edited by: Larzm42

Dec 13 2013 Anchor

Good man Larz.

Pymous
Pymous Mad Scientist
Dec 13 2013 Anchor

Fantastic :)

--

My dominons 4 maps:
- Atha Avin (81+10) (Wraparound)
- Biddyn (84+9) (Wraparound)
- Peliwyr (127+18) (Wraparound)

Dec 14 2013 Anchor

Thanks, Larzm42.
I believe Ohlmann told me that he made another derivative of the dump where the sprites are sorted by nation and posted it on another board. This might be a useful cross-reference as well.

In the longer term, I hope to rework the sprite dump code to include unit name and ID in the file names - once I implement data dumps for monsters.

Edited by: _noblesse_oblige_

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.