You are a God! You are master and ruler of a loyal nation. You have unimaginable powers at your disposal. You have claimed this world as yours. But there are others who stand in your way. You must defeat and destroy these pretenders. Only then can you ascend to godhood and become the new Pantokrator. When you start the game you decide what kind of god you are and how your DOMINION affects your lands and followers. It is an expression of your divine might and the faith of your followers. If your dominion dies, so do you. Your dominion also inspires your sacred warriors and gives them powers derived from your dominion. In order to win and become the one true god you have to defeat your enemies one of three different ways: conquer their lands, extinguish their dominion or claim the Thrones of Ascension. Release version and manual is available now. Manual can be downloaded from Illwinter's web page.

Forum Thread
Atha Avin (81+10) (Wraparound) v2.0 (Games : Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension : Forum : Undiscovered Door - Maps & Cartography : Atha Avin (81+10) (Wraparound) v2.0) Locked
Thread Options
Pymous
Pymous Mad Scientist
Nov 3 2013 Anchor

Hello guys,

My first map for dom4.
Atha Avin (81 land + 10 sea) - Full wrap around
(below map preview from v1.0 ; Check latest topics for updated map image)

This was a fun test to see if I can hand draw some kind of map and check if it fits Dominion design.
I think the result isn't too bad for a rough.
Feel free to share comments/suggestions/ideas and report any bugs!

Download links
v2.0 (latest): Petit-fichier.fr
v1.1 (old): Petit-fichier.fr
v1.0( old): Petit-fichier.fr

Thank you,
Pymous

Edited by: Pymous

--

My dominons 4 maps:
- Atha Avin (81+10) (Wraparound)
- Biddyn (84+9) (Wraparound)
- Peliwyr (127+18) (Wraparound)

Nov 3 2013 Anchor

That is fabulous, Pymous. You are an artist.

Nov 3 2013 Anchor

Yeah, pretty !

Nov 4 2013 Anchor

Very inspiring indeed.

I have one suggestion: maybe the borders can be made thinner or less strong (grey instead of black?) As it is, i feel like the borders somehow distract from your wonderful art work.

Nov 4 2013 Anchor

Agree on the border... Awesome work though. I would love a larger map in this style - so nice to look at!

Edit to add, perhaps do with out the border completely and just feature a dot in the center of each implied province... there is no real reason other than tradition to have provinces at all.

Edited by: Murmanda

Nov 4 2013 Anchor

Very, very nice indeed! Excellent work! :D

Pymous
Pymous Mad Scientist
Nov 4 2013 Anchor

Ok thank you guys,
I will fix the borders opacity for the next version :)

--------------

Update released.
First post edited.

Changelog (v1.1):
- Reduced border opacity
- Improved art / added some details
- Fixed some visual border glitchs
- Edited 1 province (added border mountain)

Petit-fichier.fr

--

My dominons 4 maps:

Nov 5 2013 Anchor

the map is absolutely beautiful, but it looks very blurry when zoomed in/out... seems there is a very limited zoom that is clear.

EDIT: both computers in MP see this as blurry. makes me a bit sad, as I love the detail on this map!

Edited by: latmagicman

MAurelius11
MAurelius11 Philosopher King
Nov 5 2013 Anchor

This is incredibly sexy. If no one else swoops it up, I'd like to use it in my next LP. Perfect number of provinces, too. Not too little, not too much, just right.

Nov 5 2013 Anchor

Beautiful map, thank you!!

Pymous
Pymous Mad Scientist
Nov 8 2013 Anchor

Thank you guys,

@Maurelius: I'll be honored if you decide to use the map for your LP video :p
Don't hesitate to post suggestions to improve the map or report any bug/glitch
By the way I am working on a second map (first version should be out this week-end) :p

--

My dominons 4 maps:

Nov 9 2013 Anchor

I have to chime in and say thank you for making such a beautiful wraparound map. I am of the opinion that Dominions gameplay is much better on wraparound maps, but most of the most visually beautiful maps out there are not wraparound. The visual appeal of the map I am playing on makes a big difference to my enjoyment, but so does gameplay, and I hate having to choose. So more please.

OK, quick suggestion for improvement. I tried a quick game on this map and in the north-east corner, the forest and mountains south-west of the orange town the province boundaries in the forests and mountains are not really visible at all. I think the province boundaries on the Biddyn map are clearer. It might destroy the visual effect when viewed from zoomed out, but what if province boundaries were much narrower but a color totally different from the rest of the map, like bright red?

Nov 14 2013 Anchor

I like this map, but both of your map have a readeability problem. I find them very tiring to play.

Pymous
Pymous Mad Scientist
Nov 14 2013 Anchor

Thank you for your comments,
I'll try to improve provinces borders readiness for next versions (update of Biddyn planned tonight, I'll try to work on the borders before the release)

(EDIT: 26/11/13) Atha Avin v2.0 is out!

Map borders/provinces were totally redesigned to improve readiness and gameplay.

Someone wrote: Atha Avin v2.0 changleog:
- Whole provinces borders redesigned
- Added 2 caves provinces
- New total number of provinces: from 92+9 to 81+10
- Added some small art details (more in next update)

Hope you will enjoy the changes.
Download link: Petit-fichier.fr

--

My dominons 4 maps:

MAurelius11
MAurelius11 Philosopher King
Nov 26 2013 Anchor

Wow Pymous, looks awesome! Thank you for keeping your maps updated and I can't wait to play on this one!

Nov 27 2013 Anchor

Thanks for updating your awesome maps.

Nov 27 2013 Anchor

That's actually mind-bogglingly good-looking. I thought they were good, but now...

Dec 3 2013 Anchor

i want to propose to this map

Dec 15 2013 Anchor

Saw this map in Marcus' LA ULM Let's Play and absolutely had to have it for my next game. Thanks so much for the beautiful work Pymous!

Dec 23 2013 Anchor

Lovely artwork.

Dec 24 2013 Anchor

Amazing map, good colouring, I especially like the mountain in particular since it seems that thrones can spawn there - very themat.
I've got two nitpicks/requests though:
1) Non wrap around version could be nice.
2)I keep starting in the swamp as a non-swamp nation, anything that can be done other than making the swamps a non-start site(which would be bad for things like C'tis?). I think it might be an issue with the game itself though.

Jan 20 2014 Anchor

I just wanted to chime in, that I saw this map on MAurelius' LP and it's absolutely gorgeous!

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.