After an intense month of hacking and working hard on it, we have released version 5.0 of Block Story.
The changelog is ridiculously big. We have incorporated suggestions from our desura customers, as well as from other sources.
We went through 7 beta tests to make sure we delivered a quality product that you will enjoy. Easily, this is our largest release ever.
Major features include Creative Mode, Teleporting, a Radar, speed improvements and separate chests.
Enjoy the fruit of our labor, we have put our heart into it.
- The terrain loads 100% faster
- Placing and digging reacts instantly now, no more lag when building
- Radar as seen in this video
- Creative mode, now you have infinite supplies in creative mode
- Teleportation to beds
- New Quests for Radar
- Quests now teach you recipes as rewards
- Trident of Poseidon
- Chests are separate now as seen here Warning: get your valuables out of the chests before updating
- Removed gravity when flying in creative
- Creative mode indicator in the main menu
- Different blocks break at different speed
- Different blocks make different sounds when you walk on them
- Different blocks make different sounds wfhen you dig them
- Now you can see how much damage you inflict on mobs
- Inter-world teleporting
- Dramatically better graphics by using mipmaps (ios, mac and pc)
- Head bobbing can be turned off
- PC and mac controls can be changed
- Now you can adjust Field of view
- New flight effect
- new settings for pc control
- Added lots of sound effects
- Monsters in creative mode
- new recipe for teleporter
- new soundtracks
- new texture for unobtainium
- new shader that is faster in mobile to give you some extra frames per second
- the mouse wheel now switches between items
- Random names for NPCs
- New loading screen
- Improved animation of hand tools
- Mass crafting, because clicking 500 times the crafting table really stinks.
- Fixed multitouch splitting. Tap and hold a stack, then with a second finger, tap an empty slot to transfer half your stack.
- Left mouse button uses blocks or digs them instead of placing (PC only)
- An easter egg that has to do with light, that is very cool.
- Fixed issue where placing models particularly on frozen sea would not show
- Fixed picking up model items that would not stack in the inventory
- Fixed archery issue, where sometimes you would not hit a mob
- Fixed issue where big monsters could spawn half buried
- Fixed fog color underground
- Fixed dragon shield
- Fixed issue that caused items to disappear from the inventory when dragged over them.
- Fixed bug that caused multiple slots to be selected in he crafting table
- Fixed Hugo quest
- Many small fixes