It's been some time since we had an update for Belter 2198.
So far, the development of the game has been progressing quite well, although we may have to delay the release date so as not to rush out the game. Here are the features that have been completed:
- The Game Design Document has been fleshed out with some pretty interesting new ideas from our newest member addition to the team.
- A simplified Build menu with space for 6 building categories has been implemented.
- All 25+ structures can now be placed down on the map if the player has collected sufficient resources to build them.
- The Build menu now shows the requirements for building a structure.
- There is now a new status bar that shows all resources that the player can collect - there are currently 10. Five of these resources are tangibles that can be collected, while the other 5 are population based or abstract - for example population, research level, happiness, and so on.
- A new seamless background with special graphic effects has been added to the game.
We hope to have more features added to the game in time for release in the next 2 to 3 months.