Version 7.51 of Alien Arena has been officially released! This latest version of the standalone, open source FPS game features a number of optimizations that have resulted in a dramatic performance increase across the board. There were also a number of graphical updates, including a rewrite of the post process effects for pain and heatwave distortions.
Some of the new features for this release include:
- Extensive rewrite of bsp surface rendering for a massive performance increase.
- Complete rewrite of vertex buffer object code.
- Complete rewrite of post process effects.
- Improvements to shadow mapping for dynamic shadows.
- Variety of graphical updates and bugfixes.
- Three new/revamped levels.
- Added downloading of iqm meshes.
We also revamped several maps(dm-violator was actually rebuilt from scratch) and gave them not only a modern visual treatment, but also improved the game flow in some cases were we felt it was needed. Check out the screens below for a taste!
View the complete changelog HERE
For more information or to join our community visit Red.planetarena.org