This latest update became a much-needed bugfix & polishing update. Many nagging bugs and gameplay "holes" have now been resolved, which should result in a much more consistent and reliable gaming experience. Annoying things like losing all of your items on death, spawning in locked rooms, characters spawning in floors in multiplayer games & doors opening oddly should be things of the past.
This release isn't without some new features, though! I've added character dialogs -- you can now "interact" with normal, friendly guys & they will have something to say. I've also added "Damage Per Second" & "Energy Per Second" information to item descriptions.
I also plan on dropping the "BETA" label in a few weeks. I'm hoping with this bugfix release, bugs should be few and minor. I do still plan on adding new, cool features like hijacking, cave systems & custom weapons, of course!
Here are the complete list of changes:
* Dialog with characters! Normal guys now say something when interacted with
* You no longer drop items when dieing, which should resolve "lost all items" issues
* Added "Damage Per Second" and "Energy Per Second" to item descriptions
* Merchants will now properly respond to trade requests in multiplayer
* Doors will now open and close as expected (even bigger ones)
* Characters should no longer spawn in floors or walls in multiplayer
* Lights now should shine as expected past "chunk" edges
* Hopefully fixed a bug that caused item duplication with storage boxes and merchants
* Characters now will always drop 1 item, instead of sometimes 2
* Increased value of gems a bit more
* Further improved "chunk" building performance
* Fixed some radar plot coloring bugs
* Commands are now case-insensitive
* The "home waypoint" block now works in air
* First floors of buildings are no longer created locked (fixes "spawning in locked room")
* Fixed a bug that made grappling hooks not disappear when using a ship
* Grenades now bounce as expected when viewed remotely in multiplayer
* Mini-ships should no longer spawn on top of each other
* Explosions & hit "puffs" should no longer linger in multiplayer games
* Tweaked some networking code to improve bandwidth usage a bit