3079 is a futuristic, open-world action first-person role playing game. You arrive on a planet experiencing constant war. It is your duty to find out why the warring factions cannot find peace on their own & hopefully restore it yourself. All areas, buildings, items, quests and characters are randomly generated. You will find unique lands & challenges. I hope you enjoy it! "Just want to say again that this is a great game! For those of you who feel like its a minecraft copy just beacuse of the cube textures used you really need to rethink what a game is about! The game play of 3079 is nothing like minecraft it is pretty unique as well as how the weapons all have diffrent stats and colors kind of reminds me of Borderlands. However it is still an original idea for a game and i still play it from time to time. You should at least try the demo and if you like it please buy it and support fruit! :D Still give it a 9/10 ! Best Regards, Adam" -- SeaNanners Sequel @ 3089game.wordpress.com

Forum Thread
3079 v2.10.6b Incoming! (Games : 3079 : Forum : Announcements : 3079 v2.10.6b Incoming!) Locked
Thread Options
Mar 3 2012 Anchor

Hey all,

Mini ships are here, but they are not finished yet! They will be mostly playable in single player games, and kinda buggy in multiplayer games. I also have to get some cockpit images implemented -- but its coming! Some texture improvements are coming for them too.

Also, 3D improvements are in with new settings, which should really help out the "slow walking" problem with low-performance graphics cards (e.g. Intel HD cards).

I've also added some other improvements, like a chat log (which replaces the /history command) that can be toggled with the ~ (tilde) key & server security options. Fixed some bugs too, like the "guys getting stuck in buildings" and grappling hooks not disappearing in multiplayer games.

Here are the complete list of changes:

• Mini fighters "Work in Progress": Buggy in multiplayer, missing cockpit graphics etc.
  • Huge 3D performance improvements: Intel HD cards should work much better now!
  • Character collision problems / getting stuck in buildings should be fixed
  • More polished & detailed textures from Urcheon -- thanks!
  • Characters will no longer auto-follow you in multiplayer
  • Fixed underwater textures
  • Fixed a few rare crashes, some that only affected servers
  • Fixed a bug that caused some projectiles to not show up in multiplayer games
  • Fixed grappling hooks from not disappearing in multiplayer games
  • Added password protection options for servers
  • Added banning ability for servers
  • Made explosions a bit quieter
  • Extended the demo time period by 30%
  • Made the sniper rifle require a bit more energy to fire
  • /history now shows a chat log that can be toggled with the ~ (tilde) key
  • Fixed a bug that made quest item names not appear in a quest description
  • Using /goto or /home now disconnects you from a grappling hook
  • Tweaked some logic in the "protection" quest to try and resolve a bug report
  • Other more minor performance and bandwidth improvements

I have everything uploaded to BMT Micro, GamersGate & Desura (which should also cover IndieRoyale players). BMT Micro doesn't require authorization, so you guys can start playing the update now! All other users will need to wait for Desura / GamersGate staff to push out the update, unfortunately :S

Thank you all for your support! Now to start thinking about the next release! :D

Mar 3 2012 Anchor

YAY!!! *goes to download now*

Mar 3 2012 Anchor

Cool !

Mar 3 2012 Anchor

Having to wait for GamersGate to update... :\

Mar 3 2012 Anchor

Are you ever going to plan an auto-updater? This looks so awesome, except I'm one of those IndieRoyale players.

Mar 3 2012 Anchor

I'd love an auto-updater, but I have a few complications... first, I have customers from GamersGate, Desura & BMT Micro.. how do I check across all 3 (or even 1) to see if you are a valid customer who is eligible for an update? Second, I'd need a centralized server that would handle all these update requests... :S

Mar 4 2012 Anchor

Good point. I just can't wait to try flying around :D. Does it take up energy or something?

Mar 4 2012 Anchor

Mini fighters are soooooooooooooooooo cool !!!

But maiby you can increase the speed because I can follow a mini fighter with a antigrav pack !

Also they are beautiful very nice texture !!

Edited by: ErwanOfil

Mar 4 2012 Anchor

I think I'm going to add an "afterburner" effect to the mini fighters that use energy :-)

Mar 4 2012 Anchor

Is the password protection a command line flag or an option once the server is up?
n/m i should try reading the /help once in a while Lol.

Edited by: wankerpants

Mar 4 2012 Anchor

Thank you for the update!
My laptop runs the game a lot better than before.
Only issue I have with the performance is the center of the military base you spawn in. :P

Mar 4 2012 Anchor

Nice update! Finally I can ban that Phr00t-guy from our server... wait a sec - somehow that name sounds familiar... ;)

Tilde does not toggle the chatlog (german keyboard)

Mar 4 2012 Anchor

Tilde does not troggle anything on my keyboard either, actually I can't even write tilde in the chat (I guess it is due to a mapping issue as I use a Danish keyboard) and I can't use Æ Ø and Å either :-)

but I sure love the new mini ship, thanks a bunch for the new update.

EDIT: I would love to be able to write a long sentence without it going off the screen, PHr00t you should add a /n (newline) if we get past the supported amount of characters/symbols.

Edited by: GonzoDark

Mar 4 2012 Anchor

Hrm, I actually use the "grave" key (`) as the toggle key, but this is generally the same as the tilde key on most keyboards. With keyboards with different mappings, try using the ` key instead and see if that helps.

About the long chat thing.. maybe i should just limit the text line to so many characters... since a really long chat line won't stay any longer in the chat window, and it will make the chat log look funny with such a long string in there :P This would make the chatter have to split up their message into separate messages, kinda like Twitter :)

Mar 6 2012 Anchor

how can i install this update, i downloaded desura but it doesnt find 3079

Mar 6 2012 Anchor

that question is answered on the FAQ
Sites.google.com

Edited by: doomstar

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.