Forum Thread
X32I Episode 1 - Dissension *Space Sim Game* PC/iPhone/iPad (Forums : Recruiting & Resumes : X32I Episode 1 - Dissension *Space Sim Game* PC/iPhone/iPad) Locked
Thread Options
SirBaron
SirBaron Vertical Horizons Software
Nov 6 2010 Anchor

Trailer:

Hey guys. As an established Team, we have recently switched to the UDK to create an Indie title under the same name X32I - Episode 1 Dissension.

For an example of our work, here are a list of URLs of which display the current progress, development and creations of our Teamwork:

Moddb.com - our MODDB Profile.
Youtube.com - Cryengine 2 video related material to give you an initial idea of the project.
X32i.org - Official website.

Game Design Document Examples from the Old Document:

The game design document is just one of such documents that is required to be read by all team members, this will contain information related to the project, and should prove a source of knowledge, so that you wont have to constantly ask questions.

The Current version of the document, is now integrated with the X32I website and now offers greater flexibility, and greater help for the x32i team.

Here are a list of artists and designers that are currently open to team recruitment:

• 3D Artist x2
  • Unreal Script Programmers
  • Environment Artist
  • Flash/Actionscripter

3D Artists x 2:

We need 2 3D artists who can turn multi-angle concept art, and 2D digital art into fully working models, that are 1. Modelled, 2 UV-Unwrapped, and then 3. textured by the same 3D Artist, which then can be turned into models compatible with the UDK.

We need artists who are able to do all 3. We are not looking for prop modellers, but fully dedicated modellers who will be integrated into the core of the team development.

You will be modelling many things, from the ships, to the space objects, to various other things we cannot mention for various spoiler reasons.

UnrealScript Programmers:

You will be tasked at creating the core game play mechanics from the ship's systems, to combat systems, and various other game play elements listed in the GDD *Game Design Document*.

Those who are familiar with the other UE3 systems, such as Kismet, will be preferred over those who are unfamiliar with working with UE3 systems.

Environment Artists:

The backgrounds on the game are composed of highly detailed skyboxes, many of which include nebula and planets, many of which may be animated. This is a crossover from the Concept Art field and you may be tasked at working on both jobs, however the primary focus of the Environment Artist is to focus primarily on skybox creation within the Unreal Engine 3.

Flash/Actionscripter:

In this role you will be tasked at creating the main menu, as well as other menus. The in-game HUD, as well as creating interactive consoles within the game it self.

We would also like you to be able to dabble in Unreal-Script, however knowledge of this not a requirement, but would make your application much more desirable.

Perks to joining the Team:

• 10GB of FTP Space on the X32I Server for X32I and personal use.
  • X32I Team E-mail.
  • Experience on working within an established Team
  • The project is an indie title, with the prospect of unleashing within retail once the project development process speeds up.
  • The project is planned for a PC Steam release, as well as a iPhone 3G/S, 4, and iPad port of Episode 1 is planned for the App Store a few months after the PC release.
  • We have a UDK License and are able to sell games right away.

Contact Details:

E-mail: SirBaron@x32i.org
Steam: SirBaron [Steamcommunity.com

Contact me if you wish to join the team, or post within this thread with your contact details, as well as examples of work.

You will not be accepted unless you have prior examples of work you have created.

I hope you can help.

David Baron
Project Leader

Some early footage, we still need the above members.

Edited by: SirBaron

Nov 22 2010 Anchor

UPDATE
1x 3D artist position has been filled - Still one more to fill for a lucky/talented 3D artist, so get in contact asap!

Still recruiting Unreal Script, Flash & AS, and Environment Artist positions also.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.