Forum Thread
Unreal Tournament 3 - China Streets - University of Bolton (Forums : Level Design : Unreal Tournament 3 - China Streets - University of Bolton ) Locked
Thread Options
Reecyknnds
Reecyknnds delete
Apr 5 2011 Anchor

Heya Guys.

Please have a look at the work i summited for my UoB 2nd year course work.

Youtube.com

Thanks very much.

PLease comment, Rate, Review

Apr 5 2011 Anchor

This was much better than the Source video :)

Much more detailed environments and even cutscenes :D

mikejkelley
mikejkelley Dream Caster
Apr 5 2011 Anchor

Hi, seems ur new here so I hate to hit u w/ too many crits off the bat but,

1. It's unclear what your contribution is. Did you mod the weapons? Create characters? Static meshes? Or just the map and cut-scenes?
2. IMO the pagoda and statue isn't enough to justify the title "China Streets." When you're playing thru the street part, China is the last thing that comes to mind.

Out of curiosity, what's the name of the class?

--

User Posted Image

How many people have read the moddb.com TOS?

"Must not contain copyright material "

"The mod is unique and original and not in violation of anothers intellectual property."

ambershee
ambershee Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 5 2011 Anchor

mikejkelley wrote: 1. It's unclear what your contribution is. Did you mod the weapons? Create characters? Static meshes? Or just the map and cut-scenes?

The assets are stock Unreal Tournament 3, it's the map that's new (layout and a couple of kismet+matinee sequences).

mikejkelley wrote: 2. IMO the pagoda and statue isn't enough to justify the title "China Streets." When you're playing thru the street part, China is the last thing that comes to mind.

I can agree with that; in all fairness there is nothing there to indicate that this is China; it's very westernised.

mikejkelley wrote: Out of curiosity, what's the name of the class?

I'm betting it's the University of Bolton's 'Game Design' degree.

Reecyknnds
Reecyknnds delete
Apr 5 2011 Anchor

Heya Guys. Thanks for your comments!

Ambershee is absolutely right, i study Game Design at Bolton. Its a really good degree with the lectures showing real pasion for work!

Mikejkelley
I think you are right, the China element in the game isnt as present as i would have liked.. now you mention it.

Perhaps... some more neon signs... advertisements... lanterns.. that sort of thing would help?

I dont believe my work breaches the TOS... just looking for some friendly advice where i can improve my work.. Not looking to redistrubte any products at all.

Thanks again for your comments so far.

ambershee
ambershee Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 7 2011 Anchor

Reecyknnds wrote: I dont believe my work breaches the TOS... just looking for some friendly advice where i can improve my work.. Not looking to redistrubte any products at all.

that's his forum signature ;)

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.