Forum Thread
Top 100 Mods. (Forums : General Banter : Top 100 Mods. ) Locked
Thread Options
Sep 17 2015 Anchor

Whenever I come her daily I always check the top 100 mods to see the new mods for Crusaders Kings II and Mount and Blade: Warband. I just came to check it again and the top 100 mods page is missing. Whenever I click on mods it just brings down a single option that say add mod. Was the top 100 feature removed or is the site experiencing a bug?

Sep 17 2015 Anchor

Should still be available Moddb.com

Are you filtering the site to another platform other than pc?
Moddb.com

Sep 17 2015 Anchor
TKAzA wrote:

Should still be available Moddb.com

Are you filtering the site to another platform other than pc?
Moddb.com No, I don't believe so. I'm using the same PC I always use.

Sep 17 2015 Anchor

Ah, and I was wondering what was missing! Yep, puck5550 is right, the feature is not there anymore. If you hover your mouse arrow over the mods tab (while being on the HOME (PC) page), you can only see the add mod option. And, puck5550, you can still visit the top 100 through the Homepage (on the right side of the page).

--

Creator of the Half Life 1 mod Deflections.

Half Life D3

Sep 18 2015 Anchor
Thanoshld wrote:

Ah, and I was wondering what was missing! Yep, puck5550 is right, the feature is not there anymore. If you hover your mouse arrow over the mods tab (while being on the HOME (PC) page), you can only see the add mod option. And, puck5550, you can still visit the top 100 through the Homepage (on the right side of the page).

Thanks.

Sep 20 2015 Anchor

so how do i get top 100 back on my bar?

Sep 20 2015 Anchor

You can't. Unless the staff will do something about it. Until then, browse the top 100 through the Homepage.

--

Creator of the Half Life 1 mod Deflections.

Half Life D3

Sep 23 2015 Anchor

When is this coming back? :S

Sep 26 2015 Anchor

Actually, this feature was very helpful to me. Every time I wanted to check out new mods/ indie games I started from browsing the top100 list. Since it's gone, I am no longer checking out the site, because I can't comfortably browse it. That's like leaving me without hands or legs on this site ._. Instead you've left us with this, which is sucky sucky compared to the original top100 list :(

BRING BACK THE TOP100 LIST OR WE RIOT!!

INtense!
INtense! End Boss
Sep 26 2015 Anchor

so the feature still exists, we just removed the link. I can re-add it no problem. We also changed the top100 page design to our standard browse interface. The link to the top 100 is:

www.moddb.com/mods/top

for games

www.moddb.com/games/top

--

Scott Reismanis
DBolical | @scottreismanis

TwinBeast
TwinBeast Full Metal Bionic Witch
Sep 26 2015 Anchor

I think it's sort of better now. Now it's possible to view it sorted by genre/etc. Although changing the genre/etc changes the "Popularity" sorting to "Last Updated"...

Sep 26 2015 Anchor

Yes, I guess that it's not really about the link, but more about the desing. Before it was displayed as a single, long list containing popularity, genre and all the other useful stuff. Now it's harder to browse through it imho =) But that's just my feeling.

INtense!
INtense! End Boss
Sep 26 2015 Anchor

It is easy for me to revert it back, what do people think? Retain the simple "top 100" layout or stick to the standardised browsing interface?

--

Scott Reismanis

Sep 27 2015 Anchor

I think people just want the link back on the homepage, under the mods dropdown?

INtense!
INtense! End Boss
Sep 28 2015 Anchor

I have added the links back to the menu. The design is still changed - i'm open to using the old design but I guess it would help to hear what the community thinks.

--

Scott Reismanis

Sep 30 2015 Anchor

Well, if so, then I'd say keep the link on the dropdown menu and bring back the old design =)

Sep 30 2015 Anchor

I too like the old design better imo. :D

Oct 2 2015 Anchor

There was no need to change the design.
Return to the list of 100 was only a single page. Why only the first 30 mods on the first page? Not comfortable.
And generally it is better to return everything back. Change is not always good. Thank you.

INtense!
INtense! End Boss
Oct 13 2015 Anchor

I have brought back the link and will now work on bringing back the simple design

--

Scott Reismanis

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.