Forum Thread
Top 10 Best Assault Rifles (Forums : General Banter : Top 10 Best Assault Rifles) Locked
Thread Options
May 30 2014 Anchor

Hi guys,

According to the website toptens.com, the top 10 Best Assault Rifles are:

1.AK-47
2.FN SCAR
3.HK416
4.M16 Rifle
5.Heckler & Koch G36
6.ACR
7.M4A1 SOPMOD
8.Steyr AUG
9.M4A1
10.FN FAL

What is your chart? Have you used any of above listed in gaming?

May 30 2014 Anchor

You shouldn't really trust toptens.com. There random people vote and this makes the result completely inaccurate. They voted for the AK-47 carbine because it is the most popular in gaming and movies but in reality the AK-47 is just a cheap non reliable weapon used mostly by gangs in the east. In my opinion the best Assault rifle is the M4 or the M4A1.

May 30 2014 Anchor

Thank you for your comment :)

May 30 2014 Anchor

Mistergeorge wrote: AK-47 is just a cheap non reliable weapon

Its cheap yes, unreliable no, the reason its popular is so many have been made and so many fail to breakdown when full of sand and dust.

En.wikipedia.org

wikipedia wrote: Even after six decades the model and its variants remain the most widely used and popular assault rifles in the world because of their durability, low production cost, availability, and ease of use.

M4A1 has a deserving spot due to.

wikipedia wrote: Failure to maintain the M4 causes malfunctions. This became apparent as it saw continued use in the sandy environments of Iraq and Afghanistan.

In the fall 2007, the Army tested the M4 against three other carbines in "sandstorm conditions" at Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland: the Heckler & Koch XM8, Fabrique Nationale de Herstal SOF Combat Assault Rifle (SCAR) and the Heckler & Koch HK416. Ten of each type of rifle were used to fire 6,000 rounds each, for a total of 60,000 rounds per rifle type.[46] The M4 suffered far more stoppages than its competitors: 882 stoppages,

Edited by: TKAzA

Jun 6 2014 Anchor

Well I personally always choose the FN FAL if I can, but it's been a long time without playing shooters (other than payday2). Also in real life I only shot a lever-action shotgun but this post is about rifles.

.Eiko
.Eiko Persona randomizer.
Jun 12 2014 Anchor

1. Kalashnikov series2. FN-FAL3. FAMAS4. H&K G35. M4 series6. XM87. H&K G368. M-169. ACR10. STG-44

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.