Forum Thread
The Chav Mod for Half-Life 2 recruiting (Forums : Development Banter : The Chav Mod for Half-Life 2 recruiting) Locked
Thread Options 1 2 3
mr.spammer
mr.spammer More Than A Woman
Jan 8 2005 Anchor

Hey. it's mr.spammer, Public Relations Manager for the Chav Mod. Well, if you live in the UK you will be familiar with a certain class called the "Chav". To save me explaining this disgusting type of person's habits and looks, please go to www.chavscum.co.uk and Urbandictionary.com

In this team multiplayer mod for Hl2 you finally get your chance to kill hundreds of chavs in the most inhumane ways possible. Weapons range from baseball bats, kitchen knives and hammers to air rifles and chainsaws. Drive around the urban streets in your souped up Vauxhall Nova or Ford Fiesta, and stage massive Chav vs Chav (possibly Police in future) battles inside and outside your local Co-Op or Safeway supermarket.

Currently, the team is still putting together ideas and we will have a moddb profile soon, but for now please visit our website at www.goldencrater.net/chavmod

We are currently recruiting concept artists and modellers, but if you can help in programming or texturing or any other way, please also get in contact with me.
If you wish to become part of the team, please PM me, any help would be good.

Thanks for reading
mr.spammer

Edited by: mr.spammer

chis
chis Old man.
Jan 8 2005 Anchor

chavs are much like NEDS in scotland

Urbandictionary.com
:D

--

Nothing.

mr.spammer
Jan 8 2005 Anchor

OK we now have another mapper and hopefully a concept artist, but we still need more help. You can also email me at silentsnake@hotmail.co.uk if you want to join.

DrZais
DrZais A Wing And A Prayer
Jan 8 2005 Anchor

oh i hate chavs

Id offer to help as a concept artist but ive got enough on my plate as it is, ive got loads of ideas you could ponder if your intrested but i cant really commit myself to the mod.

--

ACHTUNG SCHWINEHUND!
User Posted Image
Forums =-= Profile
mr.spammer
Jan 8 2005 Anchor

DrZais, I am interested! Please PM me, thanks

leilei
leilei The person who doesn't like anything
Jan 8 2005 Anchor

chis tried making a ned mod

it failed horribly

chis tried making a fish mod

it failed horribly

chis tried making a sheep mod

it failed horribly

GO REIGN SUPREME OVER CHIS :D

Edited by: leilei

--

<  insert subject games here  >

mr.spammer
Jan 8 2005 Anchor

lol cheap, what didn't fail horribly? i hope our mod doesn't fail, just so i can laugh at chis's terrible attempt

chis
chis Old man.
Jan 8 2005 Anchor

They failed because I coulden't be arsed continuing them!

--

Nothing.

EvilFish
EvilFish The Only Official ModDB Fish
Jan 8 2005 Anchor

So... a chav is like a british white person trying to be an american black person? Or something?

weird.

I'd play it. They look annoying.

DrZais
DrZais A Wing And A Prayer
Jan 8 2005 Anchor

make the world a better place: kill a chav
btw mr spammer i remember hearing an MP3 of a piss take of band aids feed the world but redone as 'feed the chavs' complete with annoying chav accent.
ill try and hunt it down for you but you might want to do some searching yourself, you never knwo you might be able to get the makers to do you a chav based theme song for your mod

--

ACHTUNG SCHWINEHUND!
User Posted Image
Forums =-= Profile
mr.spammer
Jan 8 2005 Anchor

EvilFish wrote: So... a chav is like a british white person trying to be an american black person? Or something?

weird.

I'd play it. They look annoying.

No, a chav is a burberry wearing, Fiesta driving (complete with neons), prick who hangs around in gangs on benches outside a supermarket, drinking a mix of vodka, rum and tequila and getting wasted, while ruining your local neighbourhood and wearing stupid amounts of chunky jewellery. The UK has been taken over by these uneducated hooligans, so help your local community, and kill a chav today!

xSqUiDx
xSqUiDx Frank made me do it
Jan 8 2005 Anchor

lol this is going to kick ass... you should say to chavs in the street that you'd like to record their voice for a game - then say i'll give you 50p so you can buy a bottle of cidar...

Hey presto you have your whole chav audio done in just one street visit ;)

Edited by: xSqUiDx

--

User Posted Image

Jan 8 2005 Anchor

Chav's (Ned also) like a "Dres" (let's call it like that) in Poland.

Just the thing is, that 40% of dreses are half posers and half dangerous, 50% of them are stupid posers, and 10% are really dangerous guys which have spent few years in jail before or something like that - and you never know who youre going to encounter on streets :P

The smaller first ones or the second ones are easy to beat, one or two kicks in a face or something like that, but when youre outnumbered like 4:1 things get pretty ugly.

Img.photobucket.com

This is an example of the first ones... i'm not scared of them cause i know them too good (that's a shot from my room's window :D), but there are people which are scared of them in here.

The funniest thing is that they think that they are tough like they are, but they only attack in groups :P

Edited by: bart2o

mr.spammer
Jan 8 2005 Anchor

i thought about the audio, how about instead of "Positive" we have "Yeah whatever" and for "Negative" it'd be "SHU UP!" in Vicky Pollard stylie :D

Jan 8 2005 Anchor

Nah, it needs more "brutality" and a gangsta-rap like style - like "fck youre right dawg" or something like that:D

CyanideCotdPnuts
CyanideCotdPnuts Das Boot
Jan 8 2005 Anchor

If you really need to learn "ebonics"...just go hang out near a welfare center or the crummiest part of town you can think of.Most of the people there take the time to make cryptic little phrases that when translated into English are completely opposite or not even slightly related to what it is supposed to mean.Such idiotic comments would involve the following key phrases:

Yo, Big Daddy upstairs,
You be chillin
So be yo hood
You be sayin' it, I be doin' it
In this here hood and yo's
Gimme some eats
And cut me some slack, Blood
Sos I be doin' it to dem dat diss me
Don't be pushing me into no jive
Ang keep dem crips away
Cause you always be da man, G
Straight up.
Aa-men.

Edited by: CyanideCotdPnuts

--

When there is no more room in Hell, the Dead will walk the Earth.
User Posted Image
"To judge a man's character, give him power."
Moddb.com - Epidemic Mod.

chis wrote:
You can prolly sue someone for looking at you wrong in america :|

mr.spammer
Jan 8 2005 Anchor

No, chavs aren't gangstars, they don't speak like wannabe black people...

CyanideCotdPnuts
CyanideCotdPnuts Das Boot
Jan 8 2005 Anchor

Well, the way you're portraying them and the way that your link portrays them, it's making them look like "wiggers" who are in fact, white people trying to act like black people in a gangster state of mind by imitating speech and actions.

--

When there is no more room in Hell, the Dead will walk the Earth.
User Posted Image
"To judge a man's character, give him power."
Moddb.com - Epidemic Mod.

chis wrote:
You can prolly sue someone for looking at you wrong in america :|

mr.spammer
Jan 8 2005 Anchor

which bits? because i don't want people thinking our mod is something else to what it actually is...

EvilFish
EvilFish The Only Official ModDB Fish
Jan 8 2005 Anchor

Well, I don't know about other Americans, but I've never heard of Chavs before. THey aren't a part of our culture. But they do sound an awful lot like the so-called 'wiggers' which is probably where Chavs drew a lot of their roots from. Mostly it's from the style of speech (minus the british accent) slang (hood, etc.) and bling-bling, ie 'bulky gold jewelry', as I believe you called it. DOesn't mean I don't think it's a good idea... I'd jump at a wigger shooting gallery as well. :D

frosty-theaussie
frosty-theaussie Sonny Jim
Jan 8 2005 Anchor

Punks have no courage these days. I read "Chopper 1" and he reminesces on the "good old days" when the crims were tough and did street fighting, then he talks about the "plastic mafia" who live on Lygon street. Posers. The kind of guys who attack in groups and stab you in the back. D:

--

User Posted Image

mr.spammer
Jan 9 2005 Anchor

ok things are looking hopeful, we have a lot of praise, and a couple more team members. Still more help is needed, mostly concept artists are needed, so if you can help get in touch.

Thanks mr.spammer

embers.
embers. I'm a lumberjack....
Jan 9 2005 Anchor

Chavs also known as townies and/or Garys(for blokes) and Sharons(for the rude girls :P) In switzerland we have a breed of em and we call em Rakaille or Yo's

anyway theyre a buncha kids who wear fake burberry shit to make em look rich going round looking for people/places to fuck around with. They'll normally be wearing some kind of tight jogging pants. Hardly any of them actually are dangerous. The only dangerous thing about em is that they travel in packs and they feel knives make em cooler.

mr.spammer
Jan 9 2005 Anchor

spot on embers, thats them

Stuffie
Stuffie Mod DB Star * !
Jan 9 2005 Anchor

I live right near the chav source :( .. ( thats Newcastle btw its where they were first invented :P and are the worst sort .. geordie chavs :|)

--

Stuffie
User Posted Image

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.