Forum Thread
Team Fortress 2? Is it coming out? (Forums : PC Gaming : Team Fortress 2? Is it coming out?) Locked
Thread Options 1 2
Dec 3 2004 Anchor

all release dates say that TF2 is coming out 12/31/04, but on all sites there hasnt been an update for years....is it coming out or not and is it going to work off the hl2 engine or is it going to be a stand-alone game that doesnt have the new phsyics and graphics?? anyone know?

frosty-theaussie
frosty-theaussie Sonny Jim
Dec 3 2004 Anchor

Doubtful. I think Valve has or is porting it to Source, but release is unknown...

--

User Posted Image

Dec 3 2004 Anchor

Team Fortress 2 was being worked on with Source for a while. They just didn't want to announce it since Half-Life 2 hadn't even been publically announced yet. It's been in development for quite some time (a few years, I believe). I do think it's coming out next year, but that's just because VALVe wants to do post-production on Half-Life 2 then move from there :)

--

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster."
- Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146

Dec 3 2004 Anchor

6 years... no word... its not happening... screw Valve :P

--

Dec 3 2004 Anchor

Yeah, that's the spirit, despite us seeing screenshots or whatnot. It's just like what people said about Half-Life 2, and look what happened :P

You just need patience :|

--

Dec 3 2004 Anchor

LOL I have been seeing screenshots for the last 6 years... yeah I am sure its coming out... okay! Yeah it probably is coming out to be honest, but its doubtful if we see it in the next 3 years :P

--

ImTheDarkcyde
ImTheDarkcyde ¯\(º_o)/¯
Dec 4 2004 Anchor

didnt they say something about a near-christmas surpise?

hl2dm.. maybe.. but its still more than 3 weeks till christmas

Dec 4 2004 Anchor

I never liked TFC after all the new mods started coming out after it. God boring :/

Starzie
Starzie Random Person
Dec 7 2004 Anchor

Meh, I'm still waiting patiently for this one. It'll come out sooner or later.

--

User Posted Image

ror
ror
Dec 7 2004 Anchor

I believe in TF2, maybe it won't be as "realistic" or as squad based as they might have wanted it in 1999 (because the realistic squad based is kinda done to death now, it was original in 99) but I believe they will have something out. I don't believe that if they weren't working hard on TF2 that they'd have neglected TFC for the last few years. (They were neglecting TFC even before they bought CS).

--

teamgames are for those who want to blame their losses on others. Play deathmatch you wuss.

ror
ror
Dec 7 2004 Anchor

Whatever TF2 is, I hope it's NOT TFC on source or TFC2, TFC was pretty weak in the end, compared to what it could have been, they just lost the plot around tf1.5

--

teamgames are for those who want to blame their losses on others. Play deathmatch you wuss.

Dec 7 2004 This post has been deleted.
ror
ror
Dec 7 2004 Anchor

aye, well source was made for TF2, it's just a case of wondering whether it /still/ exists, it definatly used to :)

--

Ikarus
Ikarus Press Member
Dec 8 2004 Anchor

Well TFC was very good back in the day, and the whole Team Fortress thing goes all the way back to Quake.. So yeah, Valve has no other choice but to finally deliver. Question is when. If you ask me we'll probably see an expansion for HL2 in mid. 2005, followed by TF2. And if Valve are smart enough, they'll entrust Gearbox with another expansion.

leilei
leilei The person who doesn't like anything
Dec 8 2004 Anchor

Well, i'm still waiting for TF2. I've been waiting for it for 6 years now. (unlike the hl2 fans who claim they've waited for that game for 6 years even though it was pretty much announced in april 2003)

--

<  insert subject games here  >

Dec 8 2004 Anchor

I have been waiting for it for quite a while too ;(

Are you still able to play TF1?

--

Dec 8 2004 Anchor

I play TFC all the time... it pwns :D

--

leilei
leilei The person who doesn't like anything
Dec 8 2004 Anchor

TF (the "Quake version" as known to everyone else) is still being played even, and other derivatives of it as well, OzTF, MegaTF, etc.

--

<  insert subject games here  >

Dec 8 2004 Anchor

I need to get me Quake there are so many cool mods that I have never gotten the chance to play... maybe I can convince Paul at the LAN gaming place to buy it for all the computers. :P

--

ImTheDarkcyde
ImTheDarkcyde ¯\(º_o)/¯
Dec 8 2004 Anchor

you cant buy for all computers, though you can run without CD, TECHNICALLY is illegal.. wink.. ....wink.....

but you need to try the original version, its by far better than tf"c"

Dec 8 2004 Anchor

I know you gotta get it off ebay or something :P

--

ror
ror
Dec 8 2004 Anchor

you don't have quake already? dang what's wrong with you :)

--

Dec 8 2004 Anchor

umm... it came out before I started playing FPS on PC and then it wasnt in stores when I did start playing it on PC :P

--

L337_Haxs
L337_Haxs Reverse Software Engineer
Dec 8 2004 Anchor

Hatel3reed wrote: umm... it came out before I started playing FPS on PC and then it wasnt in stores when I did start playing it on PC :P

ror wrote: you don't have quake already? dang what's wrong with you :)

He is a little too young to have had it when he first came out :)

--

User Posted Image

Dec 8 2004 Anchor

I am not too young I jsut didnt play fps then :P

--

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.