Forum Thread
Squad-Based Tactical Doom 3 mod (Forums : Ideas & Concepts : Squad-Based Tactical Doom 3 mod) Locked
Thread Options
Jun 24 2005 Anchor

This would be a Counter-Strike/Rainbow Six type tactical squad shooter for the Doom 3 engine. It would focus on multi player more than single player (sounds a bit crazy but...). Although the multiplayer would be more emphasized on 3 v 3 squad tactics, the single player would be based on larger operations, and I was thinking that you could order your squad to do things (sorta like republic commando), just point and press the corresponding button like "get behind cover", "move up", and etcetera. I cannot code this, but I can work on premise for missions, and also music. I don't know how many people would be interested, but this would be great.

FrozenSoul80
FrozenSoul80 ModDB Cheese Pirateā„¢
Jun 25 2005 Anchor

Wouldn't it be easier to make a mod of Republic Commando?

And by any chance does this mod involve terrorists, because they are getting very old and very boring.

--

There are no more original ideas. You just have to hope your ripoff is better than everyone elses.

My DeviantArt
User Posted Image
User Posted Image
User Posted Image

Jun 25 2005 Anchor

I don't think Republic Commando isn't moddable.
And yes, terrorists are super boring nowadays.

Vangor
Vangor Depravity Inclined Egotistical Savior
Jun 26 2005 Anchor

Everygame is essentially moddable (take for instance my Fable game which puts the Sword of Aeons to shame against vastly overpowered foes), the community and the necessity is to question.

Though realistically, Idon't see much of a want for tactical shooters, CS and RBS give enough of it for whomever wants, and the Doom community has never been much for this I must say, there was an old one but this is years before the days of CS, forgot the name, though since then, there has been much more emphasis on strange and fast paced objective MP.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.