Forum Thread
Spas 12 (Forums : Pimpage & Posing : Spas 12) Locked
Thread Options
Apr 3 2004 Anchor

Hmm... 34528 polygons.... Woot... And the funny thing is, it's not done! I'm actually asking more for advice than critique. The Spas 12 I made seems to be an older version. If you compare an old and newer spas 12 you'll notice that the slots cut into the sides and top of the barrel housing are rectangular in shape in the newer verson. Also, there are added sights and the folding stock is a little different--the metal strip that holds it to the handle has a triangular end, not a round one like the old. There are some other minor differences, but really what I'm asking is whether I should change from old, to new. Basically, I used booleans to cut the slots in the barrel housing (I should have used another boolean to make the housing hollow, but whatever--I don't know what is inside the housing anyway) I used chamfer boxes to get the rounded edges on the slots. Unfortunately, the amount of polygons required to subtract 30+ chamferboxes from one rectangle is huge, so that's probably why the boolean failed to complete all the edges when I tried to put slots in the top.

So, maybe I should switch to a newer Spas12 to get the rectangular slots (hopefully that'll simplify everything) Oh yea, and I'll put in the grip ridges on the reload-handgrip.

www.freewebs.com/upthywazzoo/spas12.htm

- Edited By UpTHyWazzoo On Sat 3rd, Apr 2004 @ 12:45:16pm

Apr 3 2004 Anchor

#404...

:|

Neo-Reloaded
Neo-Reloaded I think i'm BaCk! :) i'm 18 now :P 28/03 (H)
Apr 3 2004 Anchor

gimme a 4
gimme a 0
gimme a 4

what does it say?!:
User Posted Image

--

**wearing a christmas hat since xmas 2004 :)** ThAt'S ThE sPiRiT! ;)
thx 4 teh avatar cheap!:D
Back regularly! 8) i'm an adult in my country now! i'm 18!:O ... anyway...
I'm Back :) ... or am I? O_o

new e-mail addy, check profile :)

Apr 3 2004 Anchor

whoops, forgot to add the.htm I fixed the first post as well

www.freewebs.com/upthywazzoo/spas12.htm

- Edited By UpTHyWazzoo On Sat 3rd, Apr 2004 @ 12:45:34pm

Apr 3 2004 Anchor

and THATS 34528 polys ?!?!? how did you do that?!?!? :|

edit: i dont mean that the gun is bad, actually it is pretty good, but i dont know where you have wasted all these polys O_o

- Edited By BartNowciu On Sat 3rd, Apr 2004 @ 8:05:04pm

Apr 3 2004 Anchor

1) I haven't deleted any of the faces that you can't see
2) Boolean with Chamfer boxes = shitload of polies
3) All cylinders were made with 18+ sides, as well as 20 height segments.
4) I'm not familiar with nurbs editing to make smooth curves on handles and such, so I make my own curves with cylinders & chamfer boxes
5) I like overkill?

if you have 3ds max, maybe I could post the .3ds mesh so you could see what I did. It's probably better to do that than just let you see pics, and it'd probably be alot more useful.

Apr 3 2004 Anchor

my 3dsmax just fu**ed up 5 minutes ago.

crap.

if you want to maintain good meshes, make everything starting from points, then linking the points to make the verticles etc. ... this needs some work but it is the best method:) no wasted polygons

krayzie
krayzie Max Abuser
Apr 3 2004 Anchor

do not use height segments............ you dont need them, and they do NOTHING

--

Apr 3 2004 Anchor

What astounds me is that the back handle is 9k polies... And it was a really simple handle too! I used surface to put the faces on it.

Download the mesh and see: Freewebs.com

It takes a long-ass time to load so just be patient and do something else until the download window comes up.

Oh, and since I uploaded the mesh, is there any possibility that someone could some of my models? Probably a big favor to ask but mostly I just want to see how it would look...

- Edited By UpTHyWazzoo On Sat 3rd, Apr 2004 @ 3:45:42pm

Apr 3 2004 Anchor

WHY DOES EVERYONE ALWAYS RENDER DARK MODELS WITH BLACK BACKGROUNDS?

chis
chis Old man.
Apr 3 2004 Anchor

heh tronx shouted that to in another post :D

--

Nothing.

krayzie
krayzie Max Abuser
Apr 3 2004 Anchor

UpThyWazzoo wrote: What astounds me is that the back handle is 9k polies... And it was a really simple handle too! I used surface to put the faces on it.

Download the mesh and see: Freewebs.com

It takes a long-ass time to load so just be patient and do something else until the download window comes up.

Oh, and since I uploaded the mesh, is there any possibility that someone could some of my models? Probably a big favor to ask but mostly I just want to see how it would look...

- Edited By UpTHyWazzoo On Sat 3rd, Apr 2004 @ 3:45:42pm

its because you used boolean

• Dont
  • Find a good clean boolean script
  • I saw one called "perfect boolean" but you have to pay for it
  • If you find one trade me it for Brazil r/s 1.2.21
  • If you dont find one, you can always make the holes yourself

- Edited By KrAyZiE On Sat 3rd, Apr 2004 @ 4:22:35pm

--

Apr 3 2004 Anchor

thanks for the tip. Do I load the script into 3ds max? and what is brazil r/s?

- Edited By UpTHyWazzoo On Sat 3rd, Apr 2004 @ 4:26:59pm

krayzie
krayzie Max Abuser
Apr 3 2004 Anchor

duh

--

Apr 3 2004 Anchor

holy shi* thats realy good

TwinBeast
TwinBeast Full Metal Bionic Witch
Apr 4 2004 Anchor

40ozFreak wrote: WHY DOES EVERYONE ALWAYS RENDER DARK MODELS WITH BLACK BACKGROUNDS?

The background in the renders is usually black by default... and we modellers are so stupid that we do not know how to change it and we're too stupid to cut the model from the black background to a bright background with some paint program.

Anyway, model looks fine. A bit highpoly.

Apr 4 2004 Anchor

Not that it's a problem to change backgrounds, but white, for me, is kinda hard on the eyes when the subject is a dark color

krayzie
krayzie Max Abuser
Apr 4 2004 Anchor

use an environment map

--

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.