Forum Thread
Recruiting Artists for 100 VS. 100 MP War Game, No Title Yet, (with unconventional gameplay) (Forums : Recruiting & Resumes : Recruiting Artists for 100 VS. 100 MP War Game, No Title Yet, (with unconventional gameplay)) Locked
Thread Options
Jan 19 2015 Anchor

I have started working on my first project, it is a multiplayer game that will support 100 VS. 100 player battles, or more hopefully.
Gameplay mechanics are very different from what you would expect from a war game, all action is seen from an overhead view of the battle field, the idea is to give the player a wide view of the surrounding battle and carnage that ensues, while at the same time focusing on the character you're playing as.
While the graphics for the game will be simple 3D models which won't look to bad at a distance from above, they won't be insanely detailed graphically, the idea is to make them simple enough that it is playable on a large amount of PCs, while at the same time using physics, destruction, and effects to make the gameplay enjoyable and unique every time.
The game will feature a 3 layer battlefield and 3 layer player stance to add a level of depth not usually seen in overhead view games, the 3 map layers are as follows.

MAP LAYERS

Map Layer 1. Trenches - This is the lowest layer on the map, the only way players in this layer can be killed is by grenades that fall into trenches, and bullets fired by other team players who are either in the trench, or standing directly above a trench, in which case the player can aim down.

Map Layer 2. Low Ground - This layer is the first above trenches, second layer up, it takes up the majority of the map, consider this layer your basic ground layer, players on this layer are also the most vulnerable to fire from all types of weapons.

Map Layer 3. High Ground - This is the maps highest layer, it consists of hills and other elevations that naturally occur, as well as the layer your player is on if he is in control of a vehicles mounted gun, or the top of a tank, areas with sandbags piled up block layer 2, leaving players vulnerable only to upper body shots, which occur on the 3rd layer (High Ground), Mounted weapons also reside on the 3rd layer.

PLAYER LAYERS

Player layers give each of the MAP LAYERS some extra options for your characters movement, using these layers properly adds a large amount of freedom, and also determines how your player is killed, or injured.
Players can target all 3 layers, adjusting to another layer requires you tap a corresponding key, you can target different layers from any stance, but if you are targeting someone crouching you must shoot player layer 2 or 3, if an enemy is prone you can only hit them with a player layer 3 shot, if an enemy is standing you can hit them with a shot on any layer, but shooting them in player layer 3 would be a leg/ankle shot, player layer 2 would land a chest shot, and player layer 1 would be a head shot (these would require some good aim)

Player Layer 1. Prone - This is your most vulnerable player layer, this is when you are standing fully, you are open to fire from all 3 Player Layers in this stance, the advantage is your mobility is much greater making you harder to hit

Player Layer 2. Crouched - The crouched position gives you a steadier shot and makes you immune to Player Level 1 shots, but at the cost of slightly slower movement.

Player Layer 3. Prone - Definitely the most hard to hit, in layer 3 you are immune to fire on Player layers 1 and 2, Prone is mostly good for behind walls, sand bags, on Map Layer 3 so you can hit enemies that can't hit you NOTE: shooting up from a lower map layer to a higher one will usually result in your bullets being obstructed by higher layer, unless the player on the higher layer is crouched or standing your angle of attack isn't likely to score a hit.
The main cons of the prone position are that your movement is considerably slower, and it can only be used effectively if you have cover, without it you're a sitting duck.

There is a lot more to the game I won't get into here, but there are a lot more ways to kill players than simple gunfire, there will also be slightly different views based on your characters class, and what weapon is equipped, for example if you have a Sniper Rifle you cxan view in on a section of the map, still from above, but with a line that shows where your bullet will hit, using another mechanic I have thought of to make it challenging you will be able to give another player a real treat when they catch a sniper shot from an unseen enemy.

I am looking for people to help me complete this project as I am unable or at least for now not able to complete my whole idea in any timely fashion, I will be creating the maps and many of the objects for the maps, but any other help creating maps and objects would really speed up the process, I have just recently picked back up 3D modeling after a long time of doing none, I am currently using MAX 3DS primarily.

I am creating the game in UDK3, but as of now there really isn't any game, just models and untextured UDK maps, although I have all the plans for the game along with a detailed list of what needs to be done, how all the mechanics for the games features should work, all the features that need to be implemented and how I think they should work to best balance the game.

POSITIONS NEEDED

["3D Modeler"] Looking for Free Work, Help needed creating models, and materials/textures

["Animation"] Animators needed for Characters, vehicles, weapons, other small things, the animations don't need to be super detailed, using physics for things like body movement after kills, or vehicle movement over Map Layers
["Sound Engineer"] Needed to produce sounds like gunfire, explosions, vehicle sounds, etc. anything you would hear on a battlefield, I will provide a list of needed sounds
["Experienced Unreal 3 or 4 Users"] Needed for help with making maps, testing collision detection and adding objects to help create the finished maps, also setting up weapon pickups and statistics (kills, deaths, weapons used, headshots, etc.) for use in leader boards, achievements, leveling, etc.["Netcode, Server Side Help, Matchmaking"] Help making this game actually work online.
We will start with a single map at first with most of the weapons and mostly placeholder sounds just to test the game, after some refinement based on user input we'll decide how big to do the full game, if all goes well and it turns out as good as I envision it, we'll release it on Steam at a fair price.Anyone who helps complete the game by taking up one of the above roles, or helping in other significant ways will share in the profits.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.