Forum Thread
Quake 4 (Forums : PC Gaming : Quake 4) Locked
Thread Options 1 2
BlueWolf72
BlueWolf72 Mod Till Ya Die
Jun 17 2004 Anchor

Quake 4 will be fun.... found this wallpaper :)

Img27.imageshack.us

- Edited By BlueWolf72 On Fri 18th, Jun 2004 @ 1:13:32am

--

Desura Contests Live!
Twitter With Me?<!--Session data-->

<!-- Top iFrame -->

<!-- Bottom iFrame -->

Jun 17 2004 Anchor

i havnt heard anything over quake 4 yet.. maybe im searching wrong

chis
chis Old man.
Jun 18 2004 Anchor

nice wallpaper O_O

--

Nothing.

frosty-theaussie
frosty-theaussie Sonny Jim
Jun 18 2004 Anchor

EDIT: Nevermind, I just looked at the wallpaper, and it pretty much said all the information I just typed. Furthermore: That concept art is old. I have it in a 2002 issue of PC PowerPlay. But nice find nonetheless, BlueWolf! It's very sharp and clear.

- Edited By frosty_theaussie On Fri 18th, Jun 2004 @ 7:38:38am

--

User Posted Image

leilei
leilei The person who doesn't like anything
Jun 18 2004 Anchor

Rofl, my post proving it's not doom4 (initially what this thread was about) has been baleeted :paranoid:

Yeah, that's old 2001 concept art...

--

<  insert subject games here  >

Jun 18 2004 Anchor

thats so old >_<

Krycha
Krycha ♥♥♥
Jun 18 2004 Anchor

This guy looks like a Strogg. No, please no more cyber monsters.. I want back to old, gothic-style Quake, not futuristic Quake 2 - it had completely no atmosphere. Strange, there were so many bad reviews about the lack of good atmosphere in Quake 2, but they still want to continue the cyber-styled story. They have no sense of marketing, or they just don't care.

--

Mod DB 1337 Polsky Man™ /// still here, lurking!
User Posted Image |User Posted Image

Jun 18 2004 Anchor

not futuristic Quake 2 - it had completely no atmosphere.

DIE!!!!:P

and really, i loved quake 2 for the atmosphere and the singleplayer mode, and if you want some gothic-like thingies you can always play painkiller :P

Krycha
Krycha ♥♥♥
Jun 18 2004 Anchor

I ask, what's the similarity of Quake 2 to it's prequel (except the creators)? Where's the first Quake style gone? Why the hell did they called the sequel with the name of Quake series? I'd accept the game if it had another name. It was a commercial move, I believe.

And don't tell me to play Painkiller. This is a Quake discussion, and we are talking about Quake. :S

--

leilei
Jun 18 2004 Anchor

Yeah, Quake2 was a disgrace to the name Quake, I hated it. :(

--

Jun 18 2004 Anchor

Yeah, Quake2 was a disgrace to the name Quake, I hated it. :(

i liked quake 2 a lot, i know that it was not related to quake 1 in anything (well, not counting the engine), but this doesnt mean that the game is bad, actually, this is an awesome game:D

Krycha
Krycha ♥♥♥
Jun 18 2004 Anchor

Unreal is way better, Q2 is boring and not surprising after playing for some time. Look at all of the hype around Quake 2, all of the mess with it - and what did we get? A medium game. There was nothing really revolutionary in it, but everyone promised it will be just incredible. It wasn't. OK, Quake 2 is still a good game, but it doesn't deserve all of the adoration around it.

--

Jun 18 2004 Anchor

still q3 is the best..

chis
chis Old man.
Jun 18 2004 Anchor

I prefer quake 1 O_o

but I prefer alot of mods for quake 3

--

Nothing.

leilei
Jun 18 2004 Anchor

All Quake2 had was ugly, dark too saturated colored-lighting shiznit. After completing the game for the first time, I didn't want to do it again.

Jun 18 2004 Anchor

i never tried quake 2... I know it is a shame

Jun 18 2004 Anchor

quake 2 wasn't originally Quake 2. That's why they don't look the same. ID couldn't find a name for it, so they just named it quake 2.

leilei
Jun 18 2004 Anchor

Actually, they originally were going to call it Guns of Navarone.

--

Jun 18 2004 Anchor

why didnt they?

leilei
Jun 18 2004 Anchor

Because they were already hyped in the name of "Quake 2".

--

frosty-theaussie
frosty-theaussie Sonny Jim
Jun 19 2004 Anchor

Also, because "Guns of Navarone" is a WWII war movie, so I think people would have got confused when the artillery cannons were guarded by Strogg and not Nazis.

--

User Posted Image

Jun 19 2004 Anchor

CheapAlert wrote: Yeah, Quake2 was a disgrace to the name Quake, I hated it. :(

Disagree, the only one that is a disgrace to the series would be quake 3. Yes, its multiplayer is incredible, but it's single player is tragically the worse thing I have ever played. Quake 1 and 2 both had a decent single player mode.

Cory_the_Gargoyle
Cory_the_Gargoyle Gangsta Gargoyle
Jun 19 2004 Anchor

klowns wrote:

CheapAlert wrote: Yeah, Quake2 was a disgrace to the name Quake, I hated it. :(

Disagree, the only one that is a disgrace to the series would be quake 3. Yes, its multiplayer is incredible, but it's single player is tragically the worse thing I have ever played. Quake 1 and 2 both had a decent single player mode.

dumbass, its not supposed to be a single player game, it is a multiplayer based game, not like the 1st 2 Quakes, which were more story/single player oriented

leilei
Jun 20 2004 Anchor

Yeah, it obviously has the word "arena" in it's title even so expect multiplayer action. Go figure.

--

Jun 20 2004 Anchor

it didnt suit my needs, i found q3 to be boring very quickly, while the mods were interesting- the game itself was just too.. bleh,

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.