Forum Thread
Quake 3 Model export through Milkshape 3d (Forums : Coding & Scripting : Quake 3 Model export through Milkshape 3d) Locked
Thread Options
Oct 18 2004 Anchor

Hi, i'm trying to figure out how to put my internal view weapon models into Quake 3 using Milkshape 3d. I cant find any for that perticular program, but I find loads on 3d Studio Max.

Does anyone here know where I can find a tutorial, or more, on getting internal view weapons into Quake 3 with the bones to rig them through Milkshape 3d? PLEASE HELP KTHXBYE! ^^

Edited by: RawrCakes

--

modDBOld-Oldtimer

Thragg
Thragg aka dEcon
Oct 18 2004 Anchor

ask your brother, he should know.

Oct 18 2004 Anchor

I did, pssht. He was the first person I asked and all he said to me was "I don't know, go ask people at Moddb" O_o

--

modDBOld-Oldtimer

CPL.Ferro
CPL.Ferro Curmudgeon
Oct 18 2004 Anchor

look on the poly count site for a v_weap tutorial

--

I played a blank tape on full volume. The mime who lived next door complained. So I shot him with a gun with a silencer. - Stephen Wright

Oct 18 2004 Anchor

I'snt that for 3dsmax though?

[EDIT]
I just checked all around Polycount and I can't find the tutorial.

Edited by: RawrCakes

--

modDBOld-Oldtimer

Oct 19 2004 Anchor

*cough* anyone?

--

modDBOld-Oldtimer

CPL.Ferro
CPL.Ferro Curmudgeon
Oct 19 2004 Anchor

ok, my mistake, the tutorial I was thinking of is under Quake 2, and yes it does say you need Max, but it should translate over to Milkshape just fine.

Planetquake.com

--

I played a blank tape on full volume. The mime who lived next door complained. So I shot him with a gun with a silencer. - Stephen Wright

leilei
leilei The person who doesn't like anything
Oct 19 2004 Anchor

I export to weapon md3's fine from Milkshape3d. It's the weapon HAND model being the hard part :P

And there is no ms3d tutorial on q3a weapons, so don't just say "look for a tut" when you really don't know of one.

Edited by: leilei

--

<  insert subject games here  >

CPL.Ferro
CPL.Ferro Curmudgeon
Oct 19 2004 Anchor

hey I never said it was for MS3D specifically, I simply said there was a tute that you should be able to follow. Whats your trouble with the hand? Modelling it? Animating it?

I'm not entirely sure on what bones go where, but animating it is like animating anything else in MS3D, all you need is a keyframe sheet... if you're looking for a tute on modelling or animating something in MS3D thats different than just a tute on making a v_weap....

--

leilei
leilei The person who doesn't like anything
Oct 19 2004 Anchor

Q3A has alotta tag usage.

--

<  insert subject games here  >

CPL.Ferro
CPL.Ferro Curmudgeon
Oct 19 2004 Anchor

Swissquake.ch

That help at all?

--

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.