Forum Thread
Playstation 3 - First Pictures Inside! (Forums : Console Gaming : Playstation 3 - First Pictures Inside!) Locked
Thread Options 1 2
May 28 2003 Anchor

haha, you wish.

In the most confusing japanese announcement ever the Sony lads showed off a the next playstation...PSX.

User Posted Image
User Posted Image
User Posted Image
User Posted Image
User Posted Image
User Posted Image
Spong.com

Although I am confused whether sony are just releasing an updated ps2 for the enxt gen and missing out on the technology race or theyre still releasing the PS3, but not til next year, its so unclear.

--

Why wont it save me?

May 28 2003 Anchor

Sony clarified the nature of the product following the presentation: "The PSX is a product not from SCE (Sony Computer Entertainment), but from Sony. It's a product that was born from the synthesis of the game and electronic fields, so while you can play games on it, it will not take the position of a game console. We're making it into a new DVD/HDD (hard disk drive) recording product that includes technology from SCE."

--

Why wont it save me?

arvey-Haynos
arvey-Haynos ModDB Wickerman
May 28 2003 Anchor

interesting :/

looks better than a PS2

--

User Posted Image

May 28 2003 Anchor

Its simply made by another division, meaning its being released by the people who make Sony TVs and not consoles, so it wont delay or touch the PS3 launch.

--

Why wont it save me?

arvey-Haynos
May 28 2003 Anchor

its like a posh DVD player then (very posh) :P and seperate from the console market

--

User Posted Image

May 28 2003 Anchor

It plays PS2 games, PS1 games, has network capabilities, plays DVD's, a 120GB hard drive and a CD burner.

--

Why wont it save me?

arvey-Haynos
May 28 2003 Anchor

so its a very very posh dvd player seperate from the console market :P

(i do get what your saying)

--

User Posted Image

May 28 2003 Anchor

Very much so, Its expected to be expencive, its not like your flimsy cheap PS2's.

--

Why wont it save me?

chis
chis Old man.
May 28 2003 Anchor

Looks nice tho, most likely i wont get iut :P

--

Nothing.

May 28 2003 Anchor

Looks kinda boring I like it though....but still.....

--

My pic-The push within life’s circle

May 28 2003 Anchor

It looks wicked with the picture of it next to that big tv :D

--

Why wont it save me?

chis
chis Old man.
May 28 2003 Anchor

Hmm i dont know! O_o i thikn it is just like an update, will it be more powerful :?

--

Nothing.

May 28 2003 Anchor

Memory stick oh great no the memory card is easlier to lose :D

--

My pic-The push within life’s circle

May 28 2003 Anchor

It comes with 120 GB! Why would you need memory sticks :S

--

Why wont it save me?

chis
chis Old man.
May 28 2003 Anchor

haha, thats more than what my pc has :P does it actually come with it then, im still waiting for the ps2 hardrive.. well im not, but some people are still waiting .

--

Nothing.

Jun 1 2003 Anchor

azz0r wrote: It plays PS2 games, PS1 games, has network capabilities, plays DVD's, a 120GB hard drive and a CD burner.

It doesn't play PS3 games?

--

User Posted Image

Jun 1 2003 Anchor

no you have to buy an add on, same for sound, and for video capabilities

--

Sachmo The Wang™ and me™ are property of modDB© Dead Aim Clear Score: 41mins 16secs beat that biaotch!!
User Posted Image
--------------------------------------------------
User Posted Image
User Posted Image

Jun 2 2003 Anchor

JadeDingo wrote: no you have to buy an add on, same for sound, and for video capabilities

so you have to buy them separetly, man thats kinda stupid but i wont complain.i just have to wait for more information unless somebody tells me scoop of it.

--

User Posted Image<------first banner i made so dont complain

Jun 2 2003 Anchor

hehe actually i was just kidding :D

i got an email about this very subject from gamespy today O_o

--

Sachmo The Wang™ and me™ are property of modDB© Dead Aim Clear Score: 41mins 16secs beat that biaotch!!
User Posted Image
--------------------------------------------------
User Posted Image
User Posted Image

Jun 3 2003 Anchor

No PS3 capabilities seeing as the PS3 isnt even made.

--

Why wont it save me?

Jul 23 2003 Anchor

First of all, the PSX console IS an upgrade of the ps2, it was announced, and secondly, playstation is making 2 more consoles, and yes it was announced by sony entertainment for some peoples information, sony is also making the ps3(no pictures of it released, pics on websites are bulls*i*) and sony is also making a psp, named playstation portable, it was announced that the psp would have disks the same size as gamecube disks but able to store more memory onto them(gamecube disks can store 1.5gb of space) and sony is thinking of making smaller dvd movies for the psp, but it would be more cheeper than the original dvd's, this is not confirmed yet but if the psp dvd's would be released they would not be able to be veiwed on anything besides from the psp, if you dont beleive me, go to the special reserve website and check the news archives somewhere there, now they would not lie because they are the company who put advertisemants and sell games and stuff on almost EVERY games magazine in the uk, i dont know about the other countries, also these facts i have just posted are from the infromation posted at E3, i dont know what year but i think that they gave a demo or something, i should receive replys to this website, I am pretty sure that this information is true but i am free to hear any comments, please do notbe rude as i have not, i hope this has helped.

Jul 23 2003 Anchor

:|

*me looks at azz0r's last post date.

*me looks at cronomew's post date.

:|

/\me walks away.

Jul 30 2003 Anchor

azz0r wrote: It comes with 120 GB! Why would you need memory sticks :S

memory sticks....i think they are possibly talking about RAM(Random Access Memory) sticks, not hard drive space. and are they seriously making a PS3???? omfg i think all the Playstations sucked to the other current consoles. like N64 and PSX, now Xbox (which is technically better) and PS2. i know im up against alot of PS fans, uh........no offense? heh

- Edited By anti-pacifist On Wed 30th, Jul 2003 @ 2:29:47pm

Oh! Oh! while were on the subject of new consoles there IS a new one coming out. Its NICE it does not use CDs or Cartridges. You download all rented/bought games and every single game has free demos. All the controllers are wireless and all games are online. Right now its known as the Phantom. and Concept Art has been released. Games are already under Development and a working Protype Phantom has been made. FEAR THE Phantom!!!!! (hopefully this system will finish off the already weekend nintendo) MWHAHAHAHHAA lemme find the site...

YES! no more concept art! a real pic has been released...i think, this governmental computer doesnt have FLASH PLAYER!!! Infiniumlabs.com enjoy

- Edited By anti-pacifist On Wed 30th, Jul 2003 @ 2:37:53pm

--

Anti-Pacifist:
-=Currently on Hiatus=-

Anti-Pacifist
Friggin' Sweet

Jul 30 2003 Anchor

a) ofcourse theyre making a PS3- the thread was joke to get people in and see the PSX.
b) The phantom, if real, will flop, big time.

--

Why wont it save me?

Makkon
Makkon FOXY
Aug 5 2003 Anchor

i wonder how much it costs.

--

The Fry-Lord has spoken!

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.