Forum Thread
New Unreal 3 Videos (Forums : PC Gaming : New Unreal 3 Videos) Locked
Thread Options 1 2
San-J
San-J ascetic aesthetic
Mar 11 2005 Anchor

1up.com

Need I comment? The release of a game powered by this engine will truly mark the onset of a new era of gaming.

--

Mar 11 2005 Anchor

it's probably going to be like doom 3 where you have to have an incredible computer. i'll watch the videos anyway...

San-J
San-J ascetic aesthetic
Mar 11 2005 Anchor

Yeah, I'm fully expecting this to REQUIRE a 256mb video card, 2.5ghz processor, and 1.5gb of ddr400 ram to even run, on low settings. Nonetheless, it looks really, really amazing.

--

RatoN
RatoN We're going to the Winchester
Mar 11 2005 Anchor

San-J wrote: Yeah, I'm fully expecting this to REQUIRE a 256mb video card, 2.5ghz processor, and 1.5gb of ddr400 ram to even run, on low settings. Nonetheless, it looks really, really amazing.

Well, after a given amount of time, they bump up the graphics quality and requirements. Force everyone to upgrade. Just an ongoing cycle, but it sure as hell looks sweet :)

ShortCutMan
ShortCutMan ♥ Pure ♥ Bred ♥ Geek ♥
Mar 11 2005 Anchor

Epic have stated that it can run fine on a card around the 6600 line. Those cards will be as cheap as chips once UE3 is used in released games.

--

98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 98% that is an emo bastard, copy and paste this into your sig.
User Posted Image

Cj_the_Dj
Cj_the_Dj I like eggs
Mar 11 2005 Anchor

lookin good.

reminds me of when everyone was anticipating HL2.

--

A tale of two stalkers: he saw the picture in her profile; looked up the host. He haxx0rz3d into server to acquire logs and IP address of user who uploaded picture. Then he had friend at ISP look up address. He showed up at her door with her favorite flowers and discovered she was... married. Moral: start research by looking up marital status.

Spector
Spector WWIII
Mar 12 2005 Anchor

The~David~Cult wrote: it's probably going to be like doom 3 where you have to have an incredible computer. i'll watch the videos anyway...

Well I dunno, the Unreal Team has always managed to make excellent engines that run great on any machine....

--

snetErz.com - Web Design
Some guy in the space time continuum.

embers.
embers. I'm a lumberjack....
Mar 12 2005 Anchor

when unreal 3 was first unveiled at E3 it was stated that no card apart from the Geforce 6 series could run it at above a grand 4 fps

ImTheDarkcyde
ImTheDarkcyde ¯\(º_o)/¯
Mar 12 2005 Anchor

its stuff like this, that are making people turn to consoles :(

Cj_the_Dj
Cj_the_Dj I like eggs
Mar 12 2005 Anchor

embers. wrote: when unreal 3 was first unveiled at E3 it was stated that no card apart from the Geforce 6 series could run it at above a grand 4 fps

wow

--

A tale of two stalkers: he saw the picture in her profile; looked up the host. He haxx0rz3d into server to acquire logs and IP address of user who uploaded picture. Then he had friend at ISP look up address. He showed up at her door with her favorite flowers and discovered she was... married. Moral: start research by looking up marital status.

San-J
San-J ascetic aesthetic
Mar 12 2005 Anchor

Wherefore art thou GeForce 7 series? Or perhaps a Radeon X9x series!?

Of course, by the time this comes out, midrange systems (read: systems that are ultra-high-end currently) should be able to run it fine.

--

Mar 12 2005 Anchor

The new ATI Radeon cards are coming out this summer, if you wanted to know, San-J :P

--

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster."
- Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146

Fitz720
Fitz720 The ModDB Bulldog
Mar 12 2005 Anchor

Man I can't wait until that comes out :) .

Fr3@k
Fr3@k 0\/\/I\I
Mar 12 2005 Anchor

dude i haev ut 2004 but that doesn't look this good !!! i can't wait!

--

User Posted Image
If you know me find me on SOCOMII my name is Fr3@k

ShortCutMan
ShortCutMan ♥ Pure ♥ Bred ♥ Geek ♥
Mar 12 2005 Anchor

embers. wrote: when unreal 3 was first unveiled at E3 it was stated that no card apart from the Geforce 6 series could run it at above a grand 4 fps

In an un-optimised state. Besides, they never stated what settings where on/off for it to run at that speed.

--

98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 98% that is an emo bastard, copy and paste this into your sig.
User Posted Image

Fitz720
Mar 12 2005 Anchor

Does anyone here know the release date? :P

San-J
San-J ascetic aesthetic
Mar 12 2005 Anchor

They haven't even officially announced a game to be powered by it. Currently, it's just an engine, with some amazing tech demos. Based on trends and patterns, however, I'm guessing sometime between Spring 2006 and Winter 2006.

--

Fitz720
Mar 12 2005 Anchor

Oh , ok. Thx San-j :)

ImTheDarkcyde
ImTheDarkcyde ¯\(º_o)/¯
Mar 13 2005 Anchor
Mar 13 2005 Anchor

Well, I found the time to download the four Unreal 3 videos, and I have to say, it looks mighty impressive. I liked the look of the monsters when they're on-screen. However, what I loved was the lighting and particle effects. Those were especially stunning, including during (I believe) the first trailer, when that machine kicked on and smoke and yellow particles flew everywhere. It was really nice :D

--

Mar 25 2005 Anchor

I don't see Doom 3 and HL2 the same way again.
Doom 3 looks like shit now!!!
Seriously... Doom 3 looks like shit!
That Unreal 3 engine is way powerful.
It makes Half Life 2 look soo outdated.
But that game is gonna require a $600 videocard to run at max.
Plus add to that the CPU & memory upgrades & etc.
But Midway said that the engine is going to be used in the next generation of consoles too, and not just PC. Unreal games and Mortal Kombat games are confirmed to use the engine.
And the Xbox360 is definitely gonna cost less than a PC super upgrade. Plus the Xbox360's GPU is one generation more advanced than the Radeon X800.

Mar 25 2005 Anchor

Doom 3 looks like shit now!!!
Seriously... Doom 3 looks like shit!

It looks like shit just because you've saw parallax mapping, soft shadows and some miscellaneous shader effects in there?

Mar 25 2005 Anchor

Kakulin sounds like a guy who seriously considers graphics to be the most important part of gaming.

How do you talking about these things like you already know what's going on? You don't know how much the Xbox360 will cost, it's obvious that Unreal 3.0 is going to be used in next-gen consoles (BioWare has licensed it already for an RPG), and I'm pretty sure that Doom 3 and Half-Life 2 are both still going to live on in the PC gaming world.

I'm not saying Doom 3's graphics really sway me, but to be honest, it doesn't look like shit, despite the popularity surrounding it died off several months ago. That's what engine modifications are for. No one would be using the Quake 1 engine to make mods unless it had gone open-source and someone had made Darkplaces, along with several other technical innovations.

I just don't like the way you talk, Kalukin.

--

Mar 25 2005 Anchor

Wow it puts the havoc physics enginge nearly to shame :D

--

Mar 26 2005 Anchor

Yes... i believe graphics are the most important thing.
That's the only reason why some people got an Xbox instead of a PS2.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.