Forum Thread
New Mod for Tribes 1 (Pilot your base) (Forums : Ideas & Concepts : New Mod for Tribes 1 (Pilot your base)) Locked
Thread Options
Jul 29 2003 Anchor

Hey, I have an idea for a mod that makes your base shaped like a large ship, that allows you to fly the ship via a central command section, with the weapons being plasma turrets (Ship piloting, Manual Ship stationary, Automatic). I have some small moding experience but never anything like this.

leilei
leilei The person who doesn't like anything
Jul 29 2003 Anchor

That would be impossible and very laggy to do, you can't move inventory stations and such. Even I tried doing this back in '99 or so.

--

<  insert subject games here  >

Jul 29 2003 Anchor

Well, Is there any way that whenever the base was being piloted, the Invo\Ammo\Whatever stations disappeared temporarily?

leilei
leilei The person who doesn't like anything
Jul 29 2003 Anchor

Bad case of entity lag. One tip for tribes modders - don't move your bases. Not a good idea. No game has movable bases.

- Edited By CheapAlert On Tue 29th, Jul 2003 @ 12:54:09pm

--

<  insert subject games here  >

Jul 29 2003 Anchor

I just got another stupid Idea. A Pilotable Inventory Emplacement, like on BioWasteLand mod, except it's pilotable with a command station.

Jul 29 2003 Anchor

P.S. I REALLY need help (Terrible Modder)

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.