Forum Thread
modDB @ Free Play 2005 (Forums : Contests & Jams : modDB @ Free Play 2005) Locked
Thread Options
jacksonj04
jacksonj04 Over 9000
Jul 3 2005 Anchor
User Posted Image
15 - 17 July 2005

For those of you who have been tactfully avoiding the conversations, modDB will be present at the Free Play 2005 expo in Melbourne, Australia.

Free Play is the Australian equivalent of E3 - a three day extravaganza of what's new, what's coming up, and come of the coolest developments in independent gaming. Best of all, modDB will be playing a big part in the proceedings, including a speech by our very own ForK on why the game you buy doesn't have to be the game you play.

If you're in the vicinity of ACMI in Federation Square, Melbourne then feel free to grab a ticket (Or check the Free Play website for more details) and hop in. Find any of the modDB team (All in modDB shirts), tell them your modDB username, and walk out with some goodies. Even better, take a walk around the workshops and stay for some of the speakers to find out where the independent gaming world is, and perhaps more excitingly; where it's going to.

If you can't make it down there, modDB will be giving you daily roundups, as well as live chats over in IRC.

This is the official thread for all Free Play related banter, have fun!

--

Barcode Imagejacksonj04 the generally helpful one
Lost, confused or just need a virtual cuddle? PM me.
Need urgent help from staff? PM us all.

Krycha
Krycha ♥♥♥
Jul 3 2005 Anchor

Is Fork's speech going to be videotaped and released to the Net?

--

Mod DB 1337 Polsky Man™ /// still here, lurking!
User Posted Image |User Posted Image

ForK
ForK NEED MORE COW BELL!
Jul 3 2005 Anchor

LOL Negative.

--

i like biscuits

ShortCutMan
ShortCutMan ♥ Pure ♥ Bred ♥ Geek ♥
Jul 3 2005 Anchor

damn, since I'll only be there for the expo!

--

98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 98% that is an emo bastard, copy and paste this into your sig.
User Posted Image

deathmedic3rd
deathmedic3rd Metal Head
Jul 3 2005 Anchor

SCM go tape forks speech :D

i'd go.. but austrialia is a long way away from the uk.. and other stuff prevent me from going to :(

--

running a hot rodded mac mini

amckern
amckern The best stuff is always the worst to clean up!
Jul 3 2005 Anchor

Free Play is the Australian equivalent of E3

^^ Wrong - 1/2 of the last day is for demo's and then its a BYOC Demo event - so not many will be on show - unless some one here is knid and can lend everyone a computer to demo with

--

One of the worst annoyances of video gaming is designers who interrupt the players' immersion in order to remind them "Don't forget, it's only a game!"These cute gimmicks don't improve the players' experience; they harm it.
- Ernest Adams
User Posted Image

drunkill
drunkill Red alert: A Path Beyond - Promotions
Jul 4 2005 Anchor

I might take a stroll to Fed Square then

Looks good, i went 2 years ago, but it was a bit dodgy back then...

Anyway i'll be looking forawd to it.

Michael
Michael 「maikeru-kun」
Jul 4 2005 Anchor

Nice one, Can't wait.

It will be recorded won't it.

I was sure Fork said it was gonna be sent to me to see SForever.

Edited by: Michael

--

User Posted Image
dys-Fuzzy
dys-Fuzzy Dystopia Manager & PR
Jul 12 2005 Anchor

3 members of Team Dystopia will also be attending, thanks to Fork's uber last minute organisational skillz.

--

Fuzzy
Manager & PR Lead
Team Dystopia
User Posted Image

lhavelund
lhavelund Ninjas! Ninjas I tells ya!
Jul 14 2005 Anchor

I wanna go too :(

Have fun down there :D

@ForK: You better get someone to tape it. And mention my name xD

Edited by: lhavelund

--

User Posted Image

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.