Forum Thread
Mapping for Left 4 Dead? (Forums : Level Design : Mapping for Left 4 Dead?) Locked
Thread Options
Sionfel
Sionfel And then...
Dec 25 2008 Anchor

I've come across numerous sites dedicated to mapping for the new VALVe game, Left 4 Dead. I was unaware that VALVe had released the sdk for the game. I own it and are curious about testing my had with it, how does one begin mapping for L4D?

oh yes, i like bein' professional. 'n shit.

Dec 25 2008 Anchor

I don't have L4D but I guess its the same as the other Source games, download Source SDK from the Tools at Steam select Left4Dead and run Hammer to create your maps.

Developer.valvesoftware.com

--

Henley
Henley the sun never sets on the eternally cool
Dec 25 2008 Anchor

SupaNinjaMan wrote: I've come across numerous sites dedicated to mapping for the new VALVe game, Left 4 Dead. I was unaware that VALVe had released the sdk for the game. I own it and are curious about testing my had with it, how does one begin mapping for L4D?

oh yes, i like bein' professional. 'n shit.

umm well you open hammer, make a map, save it, copy it to your left 4 dead game map folder, load the map through the console and play.

--

Sionfel
Sionfel And then...
Dec 25 2008 Anchor

well, aren't there special entities and models from l4d.

Henley
Henley the sun never sets on the eternally cool
Dec 25 2008 Anchor

SupaNinjaMan wrote: well, aren't there special entities and models from l4d.

no sdk yet buddy

--

Sionfel
Sionfel And then...
Dec 25 2008 Anchor

alright.
i dunno.
on one of the mapping sites, the mapper was showing how to make a television like one of those in l4d, using same models/textures.

and this tut reads it can do all of what an sdk can....
Forums.l4dmaps.net

Afnopo
Afnopo Someday...
Dec 27 2008 Anchor

Left 4 Dead doesn't seem to support custom content like Team Fortress 2 does, I once was working on a Left 4 Dead campaign but gave up becuase having to make 5 maps for one full game.

Arkanj3l
Arkanj3l Somewhat Anarchic and Demented
Jan 1 2009 Anchor

Wait for the SDK.

Jeez the new Source Engine is going to be so sexy.

--

Cover Problem
Ark
Sionfel
Sionfel And then...
Jan 1 2009 Anchor

yeah, i like how with each new game the source engine gets even better.
i'm pretty pumped for the l4d release because i'm still operating in the ep. 1 engine from hl2.

Wraiyth
Wraiyth That Guy Who Does Those Things With The Stuff
Jan 2 2009 Anchor
Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.