Forum Thread
Imagine a half-life package ported over to both ps3 and xbox 360 (Forums : Console Gaming : Imagine a half-life package ported over to both ps3 and xbox 360) Locked
Thread Options
Nov 15 2013 Anchor

It would be so damn awesome if Valve could port Half-life, Half-life: Opposing force, Half life: Blue shift, Half-life: decay, counter-strike, counter-strike: condition zero, counter-strike: source, Day of Defeat: Classic and Day of Defeat: Source and Sven co-op (including Half-life, Half-life: Opposing force and Half-life: Blue shift.

Just imagine if day of defeat (both classic and source) and counter-strike (plus condition zero) was ported over to ps3 and xbox 360. I would love to see these games with offline 4-player split-screen and some pretty decent bots (just like counter-strike on xbox) and of course, it would have online multiplayer, it would be like 16 vs. 16. Day of defeat: Source should also feature the dlc maps from the pc version as well.

Team-fortress (both Source and Classic) would should have offline4-player split-screen with bots. Half-life should also have 4-player offline pvp split-screen and online multiplayer. Half-life: Decay should stay the same but instead of 2-player split-screen in head-to-head it should be 4-player and there should be bots. The Half-Life games (Half-life, Opposing force, Blue shift and decay) should use the High-Definition models. Sven co-op should have 4-player offline split-screen and 4-player online cooperative.

If anyone who reads this agrees to what you're about to read; i personally think we should actually contact valve and tell them about this idea.

No bad posts by the way, (if don't know what i mean, then heres an example, if you're going to post something like "what a dumb idea" or "dude get real, like as if that would ever happen" or even "valve wouldn't do that") the last example means that you're a dream-killer.

Edited by: thatotherdude1

ambershee
ambershee Nimbusfish Rawks
Nov 15 2013 Anchor

It is silly. It would take months (realistically years) to achieve, and what incentive is there for Valve? It's unlikely they'd recoup their losses, especially on a platform that will be long on it's way out by the time it was released.

thatotherdude1 wrote: No bad posts by the way, (if don't know what i mean, then heres an example, if you're going to post something like "what a dumb idea" or "dude get real, like as if that would ever happen" or even "valve wouldn't do that") the last example means that you're a dream-killer.

I wasn't aware you got to dictate the rules for the forums in your own posts now. If you don't want your dreams shot down, keep them in your head.

Nov 15 2013 Anchor

No i don't dictate anything here. i just tried my best to open up to everyone else without you know, the comments that make you feel bad about yourself or the ones that make you feel really really stupid, like what you posted up. Well thanks for replying anyways, it's always good to hear what others think whether they agree or not (even if i try to make people who don't agree not say anything at all)

--

Hey man

ambershee
ambershee Nimbusfish Rawks
Nov 15 2013 Anchor

Personally, I just don't understand the obsession with porting old games to new platforms. Those games were great then, and if you enjoyed them there's nothing stopping you from still playing them. In the case of giving them a graphics overhaul, is it necessary? In many cases, it only serves to highlight how dated the older game is. If you update the game mechanics, then you're starting to lose out on the original game itself.

IMHO, it's largely a lose-lose scenario.

Nov 15 2013 Anchor

I didn't really want to change to much of the game, I just wanted a few changes. The main games that I want to see on console is Day of Defeat classic or source. I took a look at your profile, and i was like WOW you're actually associated with epic games!! Oh by the way, STOP MAKING ME FEEL SO DAMN DUMB!!!! sorry i just lost it there. You know what? just tell me how to delete this thread and we'll be done with this

--

Hey man

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.