Forum Thread
  Posts  
HL1: How to disable gibbing in a mod? (Forums : Coding & Scripting : HL1: How to disable gibbing in a mod?) Locked
Thread Options
Sep 23 2012 Anchor

How can I disable gibbing in a Half-Life 1 mod? Example: When you kill a zombie with a grenade, it's body disappears and gibs fly everywhere. I want it so that when you throw a grenade at it it just falls to the ground; as if you shot it.

TKAzA
TKAzA Community Manager
Sep 23 2012 Anchor

if theres not a option, id doubt you would be able to however do check their site there may be a console option like sv_gibs or somthing along those lines.

Sep 24 2012 Anchor

Put this in your autoexec.cfg

violence_hgibs 0
violence_agibs 0

Sep 24 2012 Anchor

Minuit wrote: Put this in your autoexec.cfg

violence_hgibs 0
violence_agibs 0

I've tried that but instead of them just dying like normal, the model fades away without playing the death animation.

Sep 25 2012 Anchor

You're able to compile code, right? If so, go to BOOL CBaseMonster::ShouldGibMonster( int iGib ) in cbasemonster and put return FALSE; before the other code in that function.

Sep 25 2012 Anchor

Minuit wrote: You're able to compile code, right? If so, go to BOOL CBaseMonster::ShouldGibMonster( int iGib ) in cbasemonster and put return FALSE; before the other code in that function.


I put

	BOOL		 ShouldGibMonster( int iGib ) {return FALSE; };

But it displays errors:
error C2084: function 'int __thiscall CBaseMonster::ShouldGibMonster(int)' already has a body
error C2264: 'ShouldGibMonster' : error in function definition or declaration; function not called
error C2264: 'ShouldGibMonster' : error in function definition or declaration; function not called

Thanks for helping me

Sep 26 2012 Anchor

Undo your change. Go to combat.cpp and edit the existing ShouldGibMonster function like this:

BOOL CBaseMonster::ShouldGibMonster( int iGib )
{
	// Minuit
	return FALSE;

	if ( ( iGib == GIB_NORMAL &amp;&amp; pev->health < GIB_HEALTH_VALUE ) || ( iGib == GIB_ALWAYS ) )
		return TRUE;
	
	return FALSE;
}

Edited by: Minuit

Sep 26 2012 Anchor

Minuit wrote: Undo your change. Go to combat.cpp and edit the existing ShouldGibMonster function like this:

BOOL CBaseMonster::ShouldGibMonster( int iGib )
{
	// Minuit
	return FALSE;

	if ( ( iGib == GIB_NORMAL &amp;&amp; pev->health < GIB_HEALTH_VALUE ) || ( iGib == GIB_ALWAYS ) )
		return TRUE;
	
	return FALSE;
}

It worked! Thanks!

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.