Forum Thread
Half life 2 Mod idea "I know there are lots but I think this is a good one" (Forums : Ideas & Concepts : Half life 2 Mod idea "I know there are lots but I think this is a good one") Locked
Thread Options
Aug 22 2004 Anchor

I don't think anyone has started a mod like this yet, especialy since half life 2 isn't out yet. Someone should remake the original Half-life and all of its expansion packs for half-life 2 using updated graphics and everything. I beleive most if not all of the models should be there.

frosty-theaussie
frosty-theaussie Sonny Jim
Aug 22 2004 Anchor

Heh. Believe it or not, but Valve are already doing/done that. The ported versions of HL, BS, OpFor, DoD, DMC and TF should all be available soon after HL2's release.

--

User Posted Image

Aug 22 2004 Anchor

Yes, the old games will be playable with the new Source Engine.

But HL1: S won't contain new models of your enemies or your weapons. Therefore it won't look very modern. I think MooCow wil improve this.

- Edited By subclasser On Sun 22nd, Aug 2004 @ 7:00:32am

Aug 22 2004 Anchor

You'd have to buy the Special Edition for that, however, for $20-30 more to get the Source versions.

And that mod ^ sounds pointless...

EDIT: Besides, MooCow doesn't sound like a modder; more like a guy who likes to throw ideas around.

- Edited By Karuto On Sun 22nd, Aug 2004 @ 7:37:55am

--

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster."
- Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146

leilei
leilei The person who doesn't like anything
Aug 22 2004 Anchor

Yeah, the HIT Squad are doing that by importing PS2 models into Half-Life already.

Karuto wrote: Besides, MooCow doesn't sound like a modder; more like a guy who likes to throw ideas around.

Speak for yourself :rolleyes:

- Edited By CheapAlert On Sun 22nd, Aug 2004 @ 8:39:27am

--

<  insert subject games here  >

frosty-theaussie
Aug 22 2004 Anchor

CheapAlert wrote: Yeah, the HIT Squad are doing that by importing PS2 models into Half-Life already.

Wouldn't that be pointless, seeing as we already have the HD model pack?

--

User Posted Image

leilei
leilei The person who doesn't like anything
Aug 22 2004 Anchor

frosty_theaussie wrote:

CheapAlert wrote: Yeah, the HIT Squad are doing that by importing PS2 models into Half-Life already.

Wouldn't that be pointless, seeing as we already have the HD model pack?

HD model pack doesn't have other several cosmetic enhancements like modeled eyes.

--

<  insert subject games here  >

frosty-theaussie
Aug 23 2004 Anchor

HD model pack doesn't have other several cosmetic enhancements like modeled eyes.

Or the little chinstrap for Barney's helmet. :P

--

User Posted Image

ShortCutMan
ShortCutMan ♥ Pure ♥ Bred ♥ Geek ♥
Aug 23 2004 Anchor

No need for further discussion, we know the idea has already been done now.
-locked-

--

98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 98% that is an emo bastard, copy and paste this into your sig.
User Posted Image

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.