Forum Thread
Half-Life 2: Aftermath Trailer! (Forums : PC Gaming : Half-Life 2: Aftermath Trailer!) Locked
Thread Options 1 2
Aug 10 2005 Anchor

Who has seen it? Becuase it looks pretty good to me and it might have some spooky parts (:
Click here!

Edited by: SuperRad

Spector
Spector WWIII
Aug 10 2005 Anchor

It looked meh, it was too short and it hardly showed anything...

--

snetErz.com - Web Design
Some guy in the space time continuum.

Aug 10 2005 Anchor

Yea it was pretty short (like 30 seconds) but I still cant wait.

Edited by (in order): SuperRad, SuperRad, SuperRad

Aug 10 2005 Anchor

unimpressing

VegasTheWZAd
VegasTheWZAd Skull Servant
Aug 11 2005 Anchor

saw it on gphoria, looked nice. You get to play as alyx.

Aug 11 2005 Anchor

i heard you play as gordon

Aug 11 2005 Anchor

Valve repeadidly said that you never change the perspective of Gordon, so I just think whoever said that (Gphoria, G4, or something like that?) just has it at the wrong end, wrong sources or just interpreted something wrongly.

Chaossaber314
Chaossaber314 RETSP Team Leader, Disestablishmentarianist
Aug 11 2005 Anchor

silent_shadow900 wrote: saw it on gphoria, looked nice. You get to play as alyx.

Considering we've seen footage of Alyx shooting the starship troopers bugs from another perspective, I think we can debunk that.

Edited by: Chaossaber314

--

Pez says:
hey choas, whats it like being a jew
Chaossaber says:
What's it like being an anti-semite?
Pez says:
I'm going to pretend to understand what that means

Aug 11 2005 Anchor

G4 makes a lot of mistakes which they usually admit later on. We'll just have to wait and see. Being Alyx would have some advantages, like getting to use her really cool pistol...

Chaossaber314
Chaossaber314 RETSP Team Leader, Disestablishmentarianist
Aug 11 2005 Anchor

Well then they'd have to switch characters sometime in the game because this very trailer has footage of Alyx fighting as seen from someone else (presumably Gordon).

--

Pez says:
hey choas, whats it like being a jew
Chaossaber says:
What's it like being an anti-semite?
Pez says:
I'm going to pretend to understand what that means

Aug 11 2005 Anchor

I know that City 17 breaks out in anarchy. And you actually fight with the Combine. But I have proof!
Click here!

Aug 11 2005 Anchor

I run in circles & giggle

--

>:|

VegasTheWZAd
Aug 11 2005 Anchor

Chaossaber314 wrote:

silent_shadow900 wrote: saw it on gphoria, looked nice. You get to play as alyx.

Considering we've seen footage of Alyx shooting the starship troopers bugs from another perspective, I think we can debunk that.

Err, I meant to say: as both alyx and gordon. At least G4 said that. They could be wrong. Then again, they were the first ones valve gave the trailer to.

Edited by: VegasTheWZAd

Wraiyth
Wraiyth That Guy Who Does Those Things With The Stuff
Aug 11 2005 Anchor

Its the single worst trailer I've ever seen.

VegasTheWZAd
Aug 11 2005 Anchor

It's called a teaser for a reason.

Aug 11 2005 Anchor

its possible for a teaser to not suck

Wraiyth
Wraiyth That Guy Who Does Those Things With The Stuff
Aug 12 2005 Anchor

silent_shadow900 wrote: It's called a teaser for a reason.

OK, I stand corrected. Its the worst teaser I've ever seen.

Aug 12 2005 Anchor

lol yeah that wasn't awesome, but I am still looking forward to its arrival.

--

Aug 12 2005 Anchor

I think it's an excellent teaser. It reveals very little yet gets me excited. That's the whole reason behind the teaser; to reveal very little yet to get you excited. I suppose you could argue that more should be in it, but as a teaser I reckon it's just fine. As a trailer it would suck (indeed to little in it to be a trailer) but as a teaser it's fine.

Some people (on other boards) have also complained that you now know that you're going to fight the stalkers; but I thought that was already commonly known? Was that a surprise to the rest of you?

And I stand by my point: there will be no character switching. It would ruin the entire Half-Life environment. Now I know people here like to argue about Valve their intelligence, but they're not that stupid.. ;)

Edited by: SEThorian

lhavelund
lhavelund Ninjas! Ninjas I tells ya!
Aug 12 2005 Anchor

Eep, the public mirrors where broken. I'd love to see this though, I'm looking forward to Aftermath. HL2 was just too short :P

--

User Posted Image

Spector
Spector WWIII
Aug 12 2005 Anchor

the aftermath trailer is also on gamespot, and any site for that matter, that deals with gaming.

HERE: Gamespot.com

--

snetErz.com - Web Design
Some guy in the space time continuum.

Aug 12 2005 Anchor

In the teaser, you looked into that screen and the doctor (her dad) said, "Alyx?", so you might get to play as both Alyx and Gordon. Nothing wrong with that from my perspective.

--

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster."
- Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146

Aug 12 2005 Anchor

Or Alyx was just standing next to you (Gordon)...

It's all very simple.

And changing perspective would ruin the entire game! You ARE Gordon Freeman, you see everything THROUGH the eyes of Gordon Freeman, you KNOW as much as Gordon Freeman. Just deciding to let you play as Alyx would blow the gameplay up.

hammy-bob
hammy-bob b0bzied
Aug 12 2005 Anchor

Half-Life Opposing Force you play as Adrian Shepard, Half-Life Blueshift you play as Barney. So its not like seeing the world from another perspective is nothing new with hl expasions.

--

Grammar is my worst enemy along with flying chairs.

User Posted Image

Aug 12 2005 Anchor

ignorance is a bliss...

not.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.