Forum Thread
Game Concept based on Ogre Battle 64; (Forums : Ideas & Concepts : Game Concept based on Ogre Battle 64; ) Locked
Thread Options
May 25 2014 Anchor

So if anyone has ever actually played through the N64 game 'Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordy Calibur" you probably enjoyed it alot dispite falling asleep half way through the 5th mission as your army slowly walked along the roads to each town and fort. Well I was curious as to if this game's great style was remade and enhanced in the way it was or into a newer perhaps better way.

The things I miss about the game were...

-randomly encountered equipment and wild creatures

-Recruiting new members into your army via friendship, common goals, or even through capture

-All units were given an inventory except non-humanoid creatures [though i always said it would be cool to be able to have put armour or something on my dragons and Cerberus'.

-individual unit stats, alignment, levels, and Classes' were a major part of making the game enjoyable as you would always be determined to get that handful of black knights and archmages

-Magic and the ability to learn new spells and even combine elements to create an even more devastatingly powerful spell that rivaled even dragons' breath weapons

-The storyline of revolution vs. a maddened power hungry government taht makes pacts with denizens, only to plunge the world into darkness

-Having a battalion where in you are given numerous detachments all of which had a leader including one for your hero. These detachments allowed you to place multiple units together forming a team and in some cases the units in the detachments would team up and work together

-travelable maps.

Things i would [like to see] add, fix, or enhance...

-catch, breed, or capture horses to train as warhorses or work horses

-more detailed mapping, perhaps even an open world to roam freely in

-more classes and introduce more abilities for classes

-add sea combat, ships, creatures, and classes

-add the ability to add fortifications and enhance defences of a garrison that your troops are in

-add more units to a detachment and make soldiers manditory for all detachments

-build, reseach, or buy siege weapons

-research tree

-add logistics to keep your battalion well fed, equipped, and to carry goods to and from the front lines, and traveling merchants to buy and sell items and goods

-give every city, town, castle, mine, port, and fort a variety of benefits and attributes ranging from a local blacksmith to beast breeders and trainers to local loyalists that provide goods and services to keep your army happy and even tip you off on information that is important to you, hell you could even have an angry mob waiting for you at the gates

-alignments for local settlements to determine local friends and foes

-make the game have various traveling speeds and speeds dependent on detachment's speeds

-allow large creatures to be trained to be ridden whether on land, in the sky, or in water

-more dynamic combat [instead of turn based like that of final fantasy and ogre battle, perhaps a "battle arena" where you have terrain to use in your advantage, can move in real time or turn based like Warhammer 30k

-add more battle options, like more variety of spells, skills, and battle stances for players to make combat more enjoyable

-add flying feature in battle [immunity to melee attack]

-add an online/multiplayer pvp or co-op feature

-add more inventory slots, and have a longer list of equipment in all areas

-Include a 'Central Head Quarters' where you could send goods to via caravan, develop defenses, farms, and have breeders and trainers reside

-include side quests and random encounters on the road [caravan attacks] between maps/combat zones

-be able to build new ports and settlements

I know it is a lot of stuff to expect and that is why I am open to the idea of developing it myself, but would need to an engine and an understanding of how to do it... after all, I am just a C&C mapper lol

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.