Forum Thread
DragonModZ Team Open vacancies for work on the upcoming Beta 1.8 (Forums : Development Banter : DragonModZ Team Open vacancies for work on the upcoming Beta 1.8) Locked
Thread Options
May 28 2003 Anchor

Hey everone, I am Unabomber, members and co-manager of the Top10 HL MOD DragonModZ or in short DMZ.

DragonModZ started in 2000, by 2 teammembers: IceBryce and EvilChimp, as just a project the 2 brothers started. There became a team, and now it's a mod in the top-10 of most popular played HL mods. With a community of 7748 registered users and about 25 registering each day, it's a cool mod with lot's of potential.

Polycount posted this on this subject:

The Half-Life total conversion mod, DragonModZ is looking for some help on their obviously inspired project.

Dragonmodz(DMZ)is looking for an experienced talented modeler and animator to join its staff. DMZ is a total conversion from the Japanese manga DragonBall Z. This mod employs several well know characters and their trademark moves/finishers. The mod features a unique combo system, stat point level up system, and much more. Our past releases of the mod have been quite successful and have won several awards from various sites such as Moddb.com have even been written up in a magizine article.(PCzone,German)

Now what do I ask here, you guys MAY think:

We've just released a new site, www.dragonmodz.org and we're working on our third Beta version 1.8.
The Team currently isn't able to do much work on the mod, since the maps are nearly finished and the models can't be animated.

We dealt with some teammembers leaving: our coder got an highly payed freelance programming job that took almost all of his time, so he left. We need an animator to animate the combo system we're implementing in the new beta.

Modelers are more than welcome, experienced in making low-poly but high quality player models.

Furthermore, we'd like an experienced sprite creator (with knowledge of making animated sprites, for beam attacks and energy balls).

Below are some screenshots for people who don't know what DMZ is about:

User Posted Image
Showing SuperSaiyan Vegeta after transforming into SSJ, in the background dmz_dusttown map.

User Posted Image
Krillin Dashes (is fast teleport) from the left of the screen to the right. It's a move in the game. The dash leaves a shadow of the model, slowly fading.

User Posted Image
DMZ_Shores is a very popular map in Beta 1.7, highly played. This screeny is a bit older, it still has the old HUD.

User Posted Image
Showing the Super Buu model.

For more screenshots and information goto our site: www.dragonmodz.org

If you think you got what it takes to join the mod, and have some quality time working: contact me: dieharddennis@hotmail.com (= also my MSN adress for questions
-----------------------
also send in:

* Objective (Why you're joining and what your goal is)
* Work Experience (Previous games/mods)
* Sample work (Previous creations for Half-Life)
* Skills (C++, 3D Studio Max, Valve Hammer ,Photoshop, etc.)
* Contact information
------------------------
We're looking for:

Coders
Modelers
Animators

The following qualifications are required:
(Coder)
- Must have proficient knowledge of C++ and the Half-Life SDK.
(Animator)
- Must have proficient knowledge on body movement, physics, etc.
- Experience and skilled with animating 3D software.
(Modeler)
- Able to create low poly models.
(Target: 1,500 faces or below)
- Experience and skilled with modeling software.

(All)
- Previous mod experience.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Good communication skills.
- On task and determined.

I hope to welcome you to the team!

- Edited By DMZ_Unabomber On Wed 28th, May 2003 @ 4:59:06pm

leilei
leilei The person who doesn't like anything
May 28 2003 Anchor

I doubt you'd get any better here.

That model is ick, verts distorted everywhere.

--

<  insert subject games here  >

May 28 2003 Anchor

Those are old models, if you read carefully, I said that we need modelers. We still use the old models, simply because these are animated for a bit.

leilei
leilei The person who doesn't like anything
May 28 2003 Anchor

This DBZ stuff is just taking the piss and asking for flames, closed.

--

<  insert subject games here  >

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.