Forum Thread
CryENGINE 3 - Game Develop.book - soft(s). needed (Forums : Development Banter : CryENGINE 3 - Game Develop.book - soft(s). needed) Locked
Thread Options
Jan 23 2014 Anchor

Hello everyone...

I started to read the "CryENGINE 3 - Game Development - BeginnerĀ“s Guide" book (by Sean Tracy and Paul Reindell) and at the beginning is saying:

. What you need for this book:

- CryENGINE 3 Free SDK v 3.4;
- Autodesk 3D Studio Max 2010 (Can it be the 'Autodesk 3D Studio Max 2014' ?); - Adobe Photoshop CS4 (Can it be the 'Adobe Photoshop CS6' ?); - Notepad++;
- Visual Studio Express 2010 (Can it be the 'Visual Studio Express 2013' or above?); - Adobe Flash CS 5.5 (Can it be the 'Adobe Flash CS6 Professional' ?).

Please, if anyone could give me a hand, I would apreciate...
Waiting answer..
Thanks
Carlos

andrewty07
andrewty07 VFX Nomad
Jan 26 2014 Anchor

It shouldn't matter too much that you are using newer versions of software, all that means is that there me variation in tutorials. I learned Maya on an older text book than my current package and didn't have any issues, you should be fine.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.