Forum Thread
Cocked, 1-man-team looking for a programmer to work with (UDK) (Forums : Recruiting & Resumes : Cocked, 1-man-team looking for a programmer to work with (UDK)) Locked
Thread Options
Jun 25 2011 Anchor

Hi all,

My name's Martin Donald, I'm a sound designer and composer and I've been working solo on a UDK project of my own for the past few weeks.

Premise
The game is called 'Cocked' and it's an adult comedy based around a gun-weilding cockerel who finds himself in all sorts of unlikely scenarios which he must blast, platform and puzzle his way out of. The game is also cell-shaded for the most part.

Positions

I'm not recruiting a full team for now, just people to carry out essential tasks to get the game into a playable state, later on a texture artist and perhaps a modeller and animator will be required, but for now I'm just after a programmer to work with so we can lay the foundations of the gameplay, for example; classes for the PlayerCamera, our Pawn, Weapons etc. [Everything that can't be done in Kismet.]

Payment
When the game finally goes to commercial release anyone who contributes towards the completion of the game will of course be entitled to a proportional amount of royalties.

The Game Thus Far
Here is the layout of a level I made in UDK which is designed to slot directly into the finished game, it's the first section of a level named 'Chickenburger Hill' and it's set in (you guessed it!) 1960's Vietnam.

So that should give you an quick idea as to how the game is played out, screenshots of that level can be seen on the image I put at the beginning of this thread.

Chickenburger Hill Video!
Here's a tour of what the map looks like atm. I recorded this a few days ago so our hero hadn't yet been rigged so for this one I'm just the standard UDK robot guy.

Animated Hero!
Here's a video of our hero rigged and ready to be animated, I only just finished rigging him today (June 25th) and animated an 'idle' pose for him to carry out when he's not doing anything, looks pretty good if you ask me! Also rigged and animated his signature M16s so they socket onto his 'hands' nice and cleanly.

(I was originally advertising for an animator as well but I think I can cope without one for now, and I'm getting better at it by the day so I might not actually need one at all.)

Contact Details
If anyone's interested in getting involved with this don't hesitate to contact me via the contact details below and I'll give you all the info you need to get started,

email: audiolung@gmail.com

Various Screenshots! (because everyone loves screenshots)

Our Hero

A Golden Egg, you collect these to unlock new levels, like the gold stars in Mario 64/Galaxy.

A crate of Whoop-Ass! In Chickenburger Hill these are what you fire from the mortar cannon.

Soviet Smash! A 'Whac-a-Mole' type mini-game which will be placed in one of the game's levels. The little guys that pop-up are wooden Adolf Hitlers which shout 'NEIN!' when you hit them. This game actually works too, I put it all together in Kismet.

Hope you all like what you see!

Martin D.

Edited by: KartoonHead

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.