Forum Thread
City 21 (Forums : Ideas & Concepts : City 21) Locked
Thread Options
stewball
stewball Happy Dancer!
Jan 8 2004 Anchor

This will be based a short time after the events in city 17 start to unravel but the people of City 21 had enough time to arm them selves and form resistance groups and they fight against the monsters seen in city 17 and a few extra new ones.

This mod will be a multiplayer mod with a twist you play through the story but with 6 other online comrades that are on the same part of the story as you.

You play with rubbish weapons at the start (eg. hunting rifles and shot guns)
and as you progress you will find better weapons (eg. M4's OICW's etc)

Jan 8 2004 Anchor

wtf is city17?O_o

Spector
Spector WWIII
Jan 8 2004 Anchor

much less wtf is city21?O_o

--

snetErz.com - Web Design
Some guy in the space time continuum.

Jan 8 2004 Anchor

BartNowciu wrote: wtf is city17?O_o

ya know like. . . hl2

Spector
Spector WWIII
Jan 8 2004 Anchor

no i don't know...why don't someone explain:?

--

snetErz.com - Web Design

stewball
stewball Happy Dancer!
Jan 8 2004 Anchor

city 17 is the place where hL2 is based

look here for more information Planethalflife.com

- Edited By stewball On Thu 8th, Jan 2004 @ 3:23:16pm

Spector
Spector WWIII
Jan 8 2004 Anchor

well thanks for the explanation...now i can figure that that would be a good mod...

--

snetErz.com - Web Design

chis
chis Old man.
Jan 8 2004 Anchor

why dont you wait until you have completed HL2 for this mod :|

--

Nothing.

Neo-Reloaded
Neo-Reloaded I think i'm BaCk! :) i'm 18 now :P 28/03 (H)
Jan 8 2004 Anchor

i can't believe some of you guys don't know city 17 :/

--

**wearing a christmas hat since xmas 2004 :)** ThAt'S ThE sPiRiT! ;)
thx 4 teh avatar cheap!:D
Back regularly! 8) i'm an adult in my country now! i'm 18!:O ... anyway...
I'm Back :) ... or am I? O_o

new e-mail addy, check profile :)

a_llama
a_llama Teh moddb llama
Jan 8 2004 Anchor

stewball wrote: This will be based a short time after the events in city 17 start to unravel but the people of City 21 had enough time to arm them selves and form resistance groups and they fight against the monsters seen in city 17 and a few extra new ones.

This mod will be a multiplayer mod with a twist you play through the story but with 6 other online comrades that are on the same part of the story as you.

You play with rubbish weapons at the start (eg. hunting rifles and shot guns)
and as you progress you will find better weapons (eg. M4's OICW's etc)

There are a few problems with this idea. Firstly, this may make no sence as you don't know what happens in city 17 yet, and secondly, how would the multiplayer work? You play with people on the same map as you? To make this mod last, you would need a lot of maps, and that means it would be very difficult to find people who are on the same map as you...

Jan 8 2004 Anchor

you could have different parts of the city

stewball
stewball Happy Dancer!
Jan 9 2004 Anchor

Thats the beauty of the idea we don't have to know what happens in City 17 because we don't hear any thing about city 17 apart from the fact that its been overrun by combine soldiers and aliens. You play as a resistance fighter from CITY 21!!!! you fight the combine and maybe some aliens with your online buddies and progress through the story online. There will also be a DM or team Dm mode where you can fight eachother but the weapons you have depend on what you have in the online story mode.

- Edited By stewball On Fri 9th, Jan 2004 @ 3:09:57pm

Spector
Spector WWIII
Jan 9 2004 Anchor

now your running into complications, let me explain myself...

if you have the weapons for online mode based on how far your in the game, your talking major support issues...becuase if you have someone that has beaten the game he makes a server if you don't get in becuase he loads all of his wepaons which you don't have...the only way i could see this happening is if you do it like NFS:U and make it where you have to buy those specific weapons to have them ingame, or else your talking major issues.;(

--

snetErz.com - Web Design

stewball
stewball Happy Dancer!
Jan 9 2004 Anchor

When you host a server you will be able to choose between story mode weapons or the ability to choose any weapon you want.

I'm really sorry about not explaining myself but i will try to do so in the future

- Edited By stewball On Fri 9th, Jan 2004 @ 4:48:01pm

Spector
Spector WWIII
Jan 9 2004 Anchor

oh i see...then that works okay...ya i was confused a momment ago...but you cleared it right up...thanks

--

snetErz.com - Web Design

stewball
stewball Happy Dancer!
Jan 9 2004 Anchor

I'm going to post this Mod as recruiting in the Mod discussion section as I am now Recruiting

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.