Forum Thread
Chex Quest 3 (Forums : Ideas & Concepts : Chex Quest 3) Locked
Thread Options
Oct 9 2004 Anchor

If anyone else recalls, there was a FPS packages with boxes of Chex cereal in the mid-90's. It was called Chex Quest, and you played a peice of the ceral with a face, arms, and legs. Your objective was to shoot living blobs of flem with weapons like a spoon.

Anyway, I think this would make an awesome mod for Unreal or Half-Life.

Oct 9 2004 Anchor

I remember that, it was Doom engine or something and I think they might have it at Dosgames.com :)

edit: Oh, well I thought it was there. Anyway I'm sure it's at HOTU

Edited by: Sajt

--

User Posted Image

Oct 9 2004 Anchor

lol that would be funny :P

--

Oct 9 2004 Anchor

It shouldn't be hard to do. Though it will be much easier to do it on Quake, HL, or HL2. Those are the prefered engines. ;)

Oct 10 2004 Anchor

The-underdogs.org

There are apparently 3 Chex quest games, so if the mod was made it'd be the fourth, despite the topic title,

VegasTheWZAd
VegasTheWZAd Skull Servant
Oct 10 2004 Anchor

FritoBandito wrote: If anyone else recalls, there was a FPS packages with boxes of Chex cereal in the mid-90's. It was called Chex Quest, and you played a peice of the ceral with a face, arms, and legs. Your objective was to shoot living blobs of flem with weapons like a spoon.

Anyway, I think this would make an awesome mod for Unreal or Half-Life.

i love that game... I still have it... :D

Actually i think it would work best on the doom 3 engine, seeing how the first was made on the first doom engine.

There were three episodes, each one in the chex cerial boxs. Oh how i loved that game. My first fps... Besides the actual Doom.

Edited by: VegasTheWZAd

leilei
leilei The person who doesn't like anything
Oct 10 2004 Anchor

Boingo the Clown was working on The Ultimate Chex Quest which is the 3 chex quest's combined into 1 easy to use wad and containing none of the Ultimate Doom content it used to have (Yeah, it was based on that, ultdoom's eps remained in chex quest even!)

Oh the 3rd game isn't official - it's totally fan-made (and contains a helllotta hacx content)

Edited by: leilei

--

<  insert subject games here  >

Oct 10 2004 Anchor

3rd was fanmade? I didn't know that, I though it was officially released in cereal boxes which I don't eat anymore. :P My bad.

Pxtl
Pxtl Lord of the Files
Oct 19 2004 Anchor

Actually, there is a popular project to polish up the original Chex Quest game and plug it into a Doom source-port as a replacement IWad for Legacy Doom. Last I saw it looked pretty cool.

Neurowave
Neurowave Viva ModRealm
Oct 19 2004 Anchor

I remeber chex quest, that was a surprisingly fun game. :D

--

User Posted Image
User Posted Image
User Posted Image

leilei
leilei The person who doesn't like anything
Oct 19 2004 Anchor

Pxtl wrote: Actually, there is a popular project to polish up the original Chex Quest game and plug it into a Doom source-port as a replacement IWad for Legacy Doom. Last I saw it looked pretty cool.

Mentioned already :P

Cheapalert wrote: Boingo the Clown was working on The Ultimate Chex Quest which is the 3 chex quest's combined into 1 easy to use wad and containing none of the Ultimate Doom content it used to have (Yeah, it was based on that, ultdoom's eps remained in chex quest even!)

--

<  insert subject games here  >

Oct 19 2004 Anchor

chex taste... crunchy, and bland :(

--

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.