Forum Thread
Check out my new model, AK-74 Type 5 (Forums : Pimpage & Posing : Check out my new model, AK-74 Type 5) Locked
Thread Options
Nov 26 2003 Anchor

Hey, here is the model i've been working on for about 30 minutes. It's pretty good if you ask me, but i'm not the critic...

User Posted Image

User Posted Image

User Posted Image

User Posted Image

So, what do u think?

(I think i coded the img's wrong, lol)

--

- Louis AKA CrunchyBlack

www.cbmodeling.tk

User Posted Image
#thuglife | Crunchy Black

Nov 26 2003 Anchor

Wow i didnt!

--

- Louis AKA CrunchyBlack

www.cbmodeling.tk

User Posted Image

Nov 27 2003 Anchor

Please guys, start posting your thoughts...

--

- Louis AKA CrunchyBlack

www.cbmodeling.tk

User Posted Image

Thragg
Thragg aka dEcon
Nov 27 2003 Anchor

Just lettin you know, on freewebs, the pics dont show up when u user post them, unless you've already seen the pics form the site then they will show up, otherwise, post a link or soemthin.

aea
aea modDB Hacker
Nov 27 2003 Anchor
Nov 27 2003 Anchor

problem is, is that your models are mesh smoothed or smotth wayy too much, you need to learn howto chamfer, your model's meshes are probably hell, am I correct/
oldfaq

ambershee
ambershee Nimbusfish Rawks
Nov 27 2003 Anchor

I'd agree with that comment. The models appear rather dodgy and aren't ideally suitable for ingame use without some refinement to either the models themsevles or the techniques you employ.

T-RonX
T-RonX Warm Milk
Nov 27 2003 Anchor

[INVALIDquote]i've been working on for about 30 minutes.[/guote]

Whow thats quick...

--

Nov 27 2003 Anchor

Hey, here is the model i've been working on for about 30 minutes. It's pretty good if you ask me, but i'm not the critic...

send me the model, its in max right? I will show you some really good techniques I want to check out a few things for you and fix it..
oldfaq

and if you want to make a nice model, put *time* and effort into it, 30 minutes may sound cool but when textureres come to texture your gun they are gunna have a rough time.

- Edited By OLDFAQ On Thu 27th, Nov 2003 @ 6:38:30pm

Nov 27 2003 Anchor

yea... i finally learned how to flatten the BITMAP of UVmapping this thing... but when i edit the bitmap, its all screwed up... like one side is grey when the other is wooden..... and i selected the whole thing.... i really need help with UVMapping.... :(

--

- Louis AKA CrunchyBlack

www.cbmodeling.tk

User Posted Image

Nov 27 2003 Anchor

woyuld u beable to send me the model?
oldfaq

Nov 27 2003 Anchor

errr.... why? i dont want u taking credit of my stuff....

--

- Louis AKA CrunchyBlack

www.cbmodeling.tk

User Posted Image

ShortCutMan
ShortCutMan ♥ Pure ♥ Bred ♥ Geek ♥
Nov 28 2003 Anchor

oldfaq makes really good models and doesn't need to take credit of other peoples models. The images don't load, your host probably has hotlinking on.

--

98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 98% that is an emo bastard, copy and paste this into your sig.
User Posted Image

Nov 28 2003 Anchor

ShortCutMan wrote: oldfaq makes really good models and doesn't need to take credit of other peoples models. The images don't load, your host probably has hotlinking on.

Errr... for one, if he does make my model really good to his satisfaction, and takes screens, and spreads it all around the forum, everyone's gonna give credit to him.... this has happened to me before, so don't tell me this shit.... i've heard it all

And 2, i think you are right about the hotlinking....

--

- Louis AKA CrunchyBlack

www.cbmodeling.tk

User Posted Image

Nov 28 2003 Anchor

Errr... for one, if he does make my model really good to his satisfaction, and takes screens, and spreads it all around the forum, everyone's gonna give credit to him.... this has happened to me before, so don't tell me this shit.... i've heard it all

And 2, i think you are right about the hotlinking....

no offence or anything but this model sucks really bad, and I am able to create my own models, becasue if you steal other peoples models, your only cehating yourself.
oldfaq

and I can help you, you are being taught a bad way

Nov 28 2003 Anchor

ROFL, haha, hey Stunt, this dude is sayin your'e a bad teacher...

--

- Louis AKA CrunchyBlack

www.cbmodeling.tk

User Posted Image

Nov 28 2003 Anchor

how would he know :P

- Edited By Bad-company On Fri 28th, Nov 2003 @ 7:26:23pm

--

STILL BAD, STILL BALLIN'
User Posted Image
User Posted Image

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.