Forum Thread
Call of Duty 3 mod for Call of Duty 2 (Forums : Suggestions : Call of Duty 3 mod for Call of Duty 2) Locked
Thread Options
Mar 5 2013 Anchor

I think a singleplayer mod for Call of Duty 2 that recreates the campaign of CoD 3 would actually be possible. Everything that happens in CoD 3 can be recreated in CoD 2 for the most part, though a small number of things would have to be changed. Someone should do it.

Mar 5 2013 Anchor

Why, so you can play cod3 on cod2 for free? It would take to long and to much effort.

Mar 7 2013 Anchor

Or.......you can just buy CoD 3.

--

I snark, therefore, I am.

User Posted Image
The reason behind this banner will be revealed in due time....

Mar 8 2013 Anchor

You know what you guys are probably right... I think a Korean War mod would be even better, but I don't really even know how active the CoD2 modding community is anymore.

Mar 8 2013 Anchor

That is a better idea and you could just mod cod4

Mar 9 2013 Anchor

Well I'm not exactly a modder, but from what I've heard from other modders, and from what I've noticed playing CoD2 mods and CoD4/W@W mods is that CoD2 seems to be easier to mod. That, and it would be easier to do a Korean War mod on CoD2. All the weapons are already there. Probably the only thing you would need to add is a DP-28, maybe a few other guns, and a T-34/85... which wouldn't be all that hard to do. There are mods that have added new guns, even a DP-28, and I believe there are a few mods that added new tanks. The hardest part would be actually adding North Korean/Chinese enemies... you would pretty much make those models from the ground up I believe, and make them speak Korean, which could prove to be very difficult. Again I'm not modder, I'm just assuming most of this.

You know what, I'm going to make a new thread for this.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.