Forum Thread
Blender 2.34 is out! (Forums : General Banter : Blender 2.34 is out!) Locked
Thread Options
ShadowDragon
ShadowDragon ShadowLore Co-Leader & Modeler
Aug 6 2004 Anchor

Just came out earlier today. Has several new features that kick major ass. Such as the new particle interaction, and weighted subsurf creases.

Go check it out!

www.blender.org

--

ShadowLore profile: Moddb.com

frosty-theaussie
frosty-theaussie Sonny Jim
Aug 6 2004 Anchor

Very nice! :D

--

User Posted Image

leilei
leilei The person who doesn't like anything
Aug 6 2004 Anchor

Yep, just got it. Now I don't have to use that tuhopuu build anymore to unwrap. The LSCM unwrapper jobby rules and it shows how blender can totally own MS3D's pants :D (even though it's far beyond Ms3d in terms of pwnage)

--

<  insert subject games here  >

PsychoBrat
PsychoBrat Bratticus Psychosis
Aug 6 2004 Anchor

What's it like for modelling? I tried it a couple of days before that release, and just clicking around a bit it seemed a bit counterintuitive... how have you guys found it to be?

I'd like to be able to learn it, because there's just too many things that piss me off about MAX right now... horrible boolean object, clumsy mesh editing tools, all == bad workflow in the end :(

--

modDB▪GuyTypeThing
Sanity is merely a temporary state on your way to achieving true madness

leilei
Aug 6 2004 Anchor

What's it like?

IT'S LIKE A DREAM COME TRUE

Ever since I used Blender, I've been modeling ALOT better than I have been in the past few years with Milkshape 3d.

Sure it's daunting to newbies, but once you learn and know how to use it, it becomes cakewalk!

- Edited By CheapAlert On Fri 6th, Aug 2004 @ 1:53:42am

--

ShadowDragon
Aug 6 2004 Anchor

Well as I've said before probaly, the interface and overall workflow takes some time getting used to. But once you achive that, it's VERY VERY fast, and easy to work with. Overall, the modeling tools are superb. I would HIGHLY reccomend it. It's by far my favorite modeler I've ever used.
This will help you get started.
Blender.org

--

leilei
Aug 6 2004 Anchor

Fragfiles.org

Here's a basic, and HIGHLY INCOMPLETE tutorial i've made for newbcaeks. Hopefully this should show some understanding with blender.

--

ShadowDragon
Aug 6 2004 Anchor

Hehe cool cheapy :D

--

PsychoBrat
PsychoBrat Bratticus Psychosis
Aug 6 2004 Anchor

Thanks guys, I'll download the new release :)

Love the tut cheapy ;)

--

modDB▪GuyTypeThing
Sanity is merely a temporary state on your way to achieving true madness

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.